𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐: 𝐇𝐨𝐫𝐮𝐬 & 𝐌𝐚𝐮𝐭

"Maut..."

Maut looks back and sees his Mother has been watching him all day.

Seth carries Maut and enters the house. It's almost evening, Osiris hasn't returned home yet.

"Mother, where is Father?" Maut asks with an innocent stare at his mother. However, he can feel his mother really hates his father.

"He will be home soon, you don't have to worry about it, Maut..." Seth tries to smile to divert Maut's question.

"Mother..." Maut pouted as soon he heard his Father will come home late.

"You shouldn't call me 'Mother', you know? I'm a man..." Seth sighed and stroking Maut's hair. He really likes Maut's hair, it's the same color as him. However, there is still some black hair on Maut. He doesn't mind about that at all.

"Still, you're the one who gives birth to Maut, Seth."

"Father!" Maut smiles broadly when he sees his Father is in front of him.

"Have you been a good boy to your Mother, Maut?" Osiris took Maut from Seth's arms and carry Maut.

Maut nodded, "Yes, Father. Mom has taught me a lot of things! Like... hunting..."

Osiris chuckled, "Is that so? How sweet of you for teaching our son, Seth."

"Shut up!" Seth covers his red face by turning his head.

Maut was only astonished at his mother's reaction, while Osiris chuckled.

"Alright, Maut. It's time to go to bed. Tomorrow, you will learn a lot of things again from your Mother."

Maut nodded and smile, "Yes, Father!"

A few hours later, Seth is checking up on Maut. Whether if Maut is asleep or not. Seth smiled when he saw Maut is sleeping peacefully.

All of sudden, Seth feels someone is hugging him from the back. Seth already knows who it is.

"You bastard, can you stop it?" Seth tried to break free from the embrace of Osiris, but Osiris tightened the hug.

"You know... it's sad to see Maut is the only child and lonely," Osiris's words made Seth frown.

"How so?"

"We can make a younger sibling for Maut-"

Before Osiris finish his sentences, he got punched by Seth. Another sibling? Hell no. Maut is enough for Seth. Seth is already tired to look after Maut. Other than that, after giving birth to Maut, Seth's power is getting weaker and weaker...

"No, Maut is already enough for me. How dare you saying you wanted another one. Haven't you had enough seeing my power getting weaker?" Seth was annoyed after hearing Osiris's (selfish) request.

Seth continues, "He has Anubis and Horus as his siblings. Why do you want more?!"

Seth is breathing heavily and trying to hold his consciousness. Osiris noticed it and carry Seth right away to their room. He puts Seth carefully on their bed.

Seth was right, his power is getting weaker. It feels like his power got stolen by Maut. But, Maut is still a child. It's been 5 years that Seth experienced this.

"I'm sorry. I just want our beautiful Egypt to be filled with our offspring. I was imagining that our children will be great as you," Osiris stroking Seth's hand, Seth whimpered.