𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟖: 𝐀𝐤𝐞𝐥𝐚

A.N: Hello everyone I'm so sorry for not posting I went on a semi-hiatus because of my midterm exams it's been quite a stressful month but I'm updating this story and will finish it I'm not leaving anyone reading hanging so do not worry about me not posting 😊

Several months later, Seth has given birth. It was a surprise to learn that the child Seth give birth to is a girl. It is only natural that they celebrate the new baby.

"Look, Maut. She's so beautiful, isn't she?" Seth glances at his daughter, stroking her red cheek. It's been a long time since we've seen a baby girl born among the Gods and Goddesses.

Her hair is black, her eyes are red, and her skin is white. Maut and his new sister had the same eye color. Red is a beautiful color and a sacred color in Egypt. In any event, Seth doesn't care about anyone claiming Red is cursed.

"Yes, she is very beautiful. Those gorgeous red eyes of hers, I love them. I'm glad we share the same eye colors, Mom,"

"I know..."

As a mother and son, Seth and Maut have a strong bond, and it's great to see how close they are. As soon as they saw their father enter, they stopped laughing. Osiris slowly approaches Seth's bed and asks for permission to hold his newborn daughter.

"She is as beautiful as you, my love. Did you name her yet?" Osiris asks Seth and Maut.

"Not yet, Father. Do you already have a name in mind for her?"

Osiris nods, "Yes."

Seth and Maut looked at each other before looking at Osiris. To be fair, it's his turn to name his child.

"Oh, really, Osiris? What is it?" Seth hopes it's not a strange name, but he is curious as to Osiris' idea for naming their daughter.

"... Akela,"

"Akela?"

"Yes."

Akela is a stellar name for a girl. Defining her appearance, it is. Seeing Osiris staring at Akela for so long, it must be hard for him not to be fascinated by her eyes. Akela's eyes remind him of Seth's, the red eyes of Seth were one of Osiris' favorite things.

"You have lovely red eyes, Seth, and I am glad that our children have them as well," Osiris smiled at Seth. He sat next to him, and the two of them are holding Akela. Maut's eyes were only focused on his parents, they were so in love, but it looked fake.

Leaving his mother's room, Maut will let his parents be for the time being. If you want to know, they are in the main palace, far away from his house.

Maut sees so many people celebrating the birth of his sister. He enjoyed a pleasant day with his newborn sister. Out of nowhere, Anubis appeared when he was ready to rest. Maut knows Anubis wanted to know about his baby sister. Also, Akela is Anubis' half-sister, so it was only natural for him to want to learn more about her.

"Seth is doing well, he is with Osiris. For the baby, the baby is a girl, and her name is Akela,"

"Akela? That is a good name for our sister. How about her appearance?" Anubis stands in front of Maut. Anubis sat beside Maut, as Maut ordered him (by grabbing Anubis's hand).

"Her hair is black, her eyes are red, and her skin is white. A bit of wave is visible in her hair," Maut said as if he were enamored by Akela's form.

"It looks like her hair is following Nut's hair," said Anubis.

Nut, their grandmother, has beautiful wavy black hair. Akela's hair might be similar to Nut's.

Anubis continues, "I hope they don't have any child."

"Yes, I agreed with you. Being pregnant makes my mother miserable, and I can't stand to see him suffer. Akela is enough for me," said Maut, he sighed. "Also, Horus is preparing to fight us. Horus and Seth's child is a hard concept to imagine. Can I have a break from all of this?"

"We can't, Maut,"

"Yes, we can't because we're in the middle of the Egyptian royal drama! Everything we're experiencing is due to our damn father," Maut never hesitates to complain about everything to Osiris, though he is well aware he would be in trouble if he does so.

Suddenly, Anubis thought of something out of the blue.

"So, she's technically your fiancée? I mean, Akela..." Anubis asked. Maut shrugs. Maut only wants Akela to be happy with her life in the future, he doesn't want Akela to be stuck with him.

Both of them are like chains in this drama, and they will never be able to let go so easily.

After Maut grows into a fully-fledged God, they will act. This is all for Egypt's future. It doesn't matter to them if Horus becomes the king. Horus, however, has already declared that if he wins, he will marry Seth. Also, Osiris wanted Maut to be the next king. He makes it complicated because of his favoritism.

If Horus wins, then Seth will be stuck with him forever. But, if Osiris is still alive until those days, he will never let Horus takes Seth. So, let's take another look. It's Osiris who's to blame for all of this. That is why they are focusing on killing Osiris. Quite harsh, but it is the right thing to do. Afterward, their next target will be Horus.

"When will this be over?"

After a long day, Maut fell asleep. He is tired from helping his mother all day.

Maut appears confused when he notices so many people gathered in front of his mother's room.

The door opened suddenly, and a person shouted, "It's a boy!". Maut knew Seth was giving birth at that moment. Upon entering the room, he saw Seth and Horus were holding a baby together.

"Maut? What's wrong? Meet your new brother... Come here,"

Maut can tell that Seth loses most of his powers by the sound of his voice. Seth looks more horrifying than when he delivered Akela.

Maut took a glance at Horus, he sees Horus smiling ridiculously at him. It feels like Horus wanted to show he won. He won the battle between them.

Maut got furious and grits his teeth. He can't imagine Horus won and married Seth, as well as making him give birth to his successor!

Suddenly, Maut wakes up. An intense headache and sweating plagued him.

When Maut is sick, he usually goes to his mother and hugs him. But he does not want to wake Seth and Akela, he knows Seth is exhausted from yesterday.

He wakes up from his bed and walks to Seths's room. On the verge of approaching the door, he saw Nephthys and Isis. He quickly hides and eavesdrops on their conversation.

"My dear Nephthys, I am sure you feel ashamed for betraying Seth. However, this is merely to meet and congratulate the baby," Isis was trying to persuade Nephthys that everything would be all right.

Nephthys shakes her head, "How can you be so sure, Isis?"

Isis sighed and patted Nephthys on the back, "He will never get angry with you, Nephthys. Because you are the only one, he loves..."

Before... back then... In his inner monologue, Maut continues the words of Isis.

"Okay... I believe in you, Isis,"

"You don't have to worry. Now, let's go meet our cute niece,"

Isis and Nephthys entered the room. It doesn't occur to them that Maut was there all the time.

Well, it doesn't matter to Maut, too.

Now then, Akela is safe with Nephthys and Isis. For now, I'm waiting for the right time to kill Osiris. Anubis, I believe in you for the future plan. 

- to be continued -