17

Wooyoung's pov

"Baby, there's someone I want you to meet," San spoke softly as he took my hand in his once more. I looked at him with a soft smile on my lips.

"Who?" I asked. He said nothing but gently led me towards an older woman. My eyes widened as I noticed just how similar she looked to San.

The woman smiled warmly and pulled San into a hug. San wrapped his arms around her shoulders and kissed her cheek.

"Mom, this is Wooyoung, my fiancé," San said. My eyes flickered between the two of them worriedly. When my eyes landed back on San's mom, she had a happy smile on her lips.

"Hello, Wooyoung. I'm San's mom." She soon pulled me into a gentle hug. I hugged her back just as gently. She pulled us apart and lightly fixed my suit.

"Hello, miss," I said, bowing at her respectfully. She scoffed playfully and pulled me back up.

"There's no need to be so formal, Wooyoung. It's nice to finally meet the man who has had my son so smitten for the last half a year," She said, lightly teasing us. My eyes widened as I looked back at San, who was sheepishly scratching the back of his neck.

"Don't worry so much, Sanshine. Mommy couldn't care less that you've talked about him so much. I'm just glad to see you've finally found someone who loves you," his mom gently pinched his cheek before beginning to walk away.

"Miss?" I asked, gently grabbing onto her dress sleeve. She smiled softly and nodded, silently telling me to continue.

"Is there anything you'd like to know about me before our wedding?" I asked.

"Do you truly love my son and not his wealth?" She asked, getting serious for a small while.

"Yes, ma'am, I truly love San. This may be me overstepping a boundary with him to tell you this, but we did meet because of his wealth. My friend, Yunho, and his friend, Mingi, are together. I was speaking with Yunho about how to pay for college, and San offered to help me out.

"At the time, I didn't expect much to come from our relationship, besides a funded relationship, however, your son has treated me unlike anyone else ever has. I do not mean so monetarily, but I mean how he, himself, cares for and about me.

"He has always treated me as an equal, and never asked for anything from me. I soon found myself coming to love how selfless he is, and how he thinks, how he acts; everything. I can confidently say I am in love with your son, not for his wealth, but for his heart.

"I don't know if he even knows this, but I cannot see myself with anyone else as I am with him. I cannot, and would not, be with anyone else." I finished speaking by looking into San's eyes. His eyes were misty and full of tears threatening to slip.

He quickly pulled me into a kiss. It was soft and sweet, as he gently held onto my nape and waist. I smiled softly and kissed back as best as I could.

"I love you, Sannie. More than anyone or anything else in this world, I love you." I claimed as I cupped his cheeks. His tears finally fell down his cheeks as I pulled my handkerchief from my suit pocket. I gently dabbed his tears away until they were gone. I kissed his forehead slowly before looking back into his eyes.

"I believe you will be the best person for my son. Keep him safe, Wooyoung." His mom patted my shoulder before leaving us alone.

"I'll always keep you safe, Sannie, okay? Please, trust in me," I asked.

"I always have," he whispered against my shoulder. I smiled softly and carded my fingers through his dark hair. He tightened his arms around my waist gently.