Chapter 66: The Super-Ancient Pokémon

'Destroy it all!'

Primo's voice cut through the sound of rushing water and pouring rain.

'Start this world anew for Pokémon and Pokémon alone!'

Jolteon looked pathetically weak and tiny in the shadow of 32'02" Primal Kyogre. It stoically faced it regardless. Kyogre and Primo didn't even notice it until the gargantuan Pokémon was paralysed by Thunder Wave. The water receded. Kyogre thrashed until Primo was hurled off its back. Then it froze. It couldn't move.

'Jolteon! Use Thunder!'

'You!'

Primo's fists trembled as Kyogre was struck by Thunder. It was about to fire a cataclysmic blast of Origin Pulse, but the crackling electricity kept it paralysed.

'You, Archie's descendant, should know better than to mess with Kyogre! Gah! Humans are as vile as ever! You never learn!'

'You, Team Plasma rep, should know you never win! Jolteon! Thunder!'

That was all bluster from Firmino. He doubted he could win. Archie couldn't control Kyogre. Perhaps, when Arceus told him that his time was coming, it was as ominous as it sounded. Origin Pulse conjured spinning barrages of water that swept Jolteon off its feet and into a cracking wall. Everyone in the vicinity, including Caroline on her Corviknight and Waridi rushing to Firmino's side, was soaked. Jolteon fainted. Firmino sent out Feraligatr. Corviknight distracted Kyogre. It was zapped by a powerful Overdrive from behind.

'Hahahaha!'

Firmino recognised Damson's voice right away. Despite his cackling, he and Toxtricity looked and sounded sober. The water was up to his ankles as he sprinted towards his old friend with a bin bag filled with Ultra Balls.

'You'll be needing these!'

Primo's right leg was broken when he was hurled off Kyogre's back. Koji seized and handcuffed him.

'You are under arrest for leading an evil team, Primo Walterson.'

'It doesn't matter. I don't matter. All that matters is that Kyogre will create a new world! And even if – if – you somehow manage to stop it, I passed that Magma woman in Ultra Space! I'm sure even you imbeciles can guess what she was looking for! You cannot stop Kyogre and Groudon!'

Kyogre was sucked into an Ultra Ball. It shattered before it even came close to the ground. A new wave flooded the street as Kyogre's enraged shriek shook the ground. Feraligatr pulled Firmino onto its back. Damson sent out his Blastoise before he risked drowning. He hesitated. Then he sent out Pidgeot. Toxtricity jumped onto its back. They kept Kyogre occupied so it attacked them instead of continuing to flood its surroundings. Firmino hurled Ultra Ball after Ultra Ball. They all shattered. Feraligatr was knocked out. Kyogre's energy was intermittently restored by a veil of Aqua Ring. Firmino sent out Aggron. Origin Pulse knocked it out in one hit. He sent out Clawitzer.

Zeph caught up to Damson with a False Swipe TM. He hastily taught it to Gallade. Every time Aqua Ring renewed Kyogre's energy, Gallade slashed it with False Swipe, weakening it without knocking it out. It had to be caught. If it was knocked out, it would only be more enraged when it awoke.

Another flash illuminated the night sky. A Robo Rayquaza shot out of the space-time rift. As it rapidly approached Ironville, a Master Ball was dropped. The tidal wave following Wish sizzled to nothing. Blinding sunlight seared through the bubble. Another emergency shield went up, but another was needed when Primal Groudon's Precipice Blades erupted from the ground to slash through.