Chapter 55: Reinforcements

Before Wish even arrived in Ironville, Koji requested reinforcements. Team Magma on the Moon prepared a Robo Rayquaza. An emergency flight couldn't be seen taking off from anywhere on Earth. The Chief of the Interplanetary Police, who usually resided on the Moon, already had five officers in mind: Abram Oak, Aranchi Mesquite Wolitigna, Kaikoa Nālani, Saxon Cardona and Triton Pickett. Kaikoa and Aranchi were International Police until that morning, but handled their training well enough to earn an emergency promotion. Triton and Saxon just returned from Jupiter's moon Io. Abram was the undercover officer stuck on Venus. They would pick him up on the way.

Aranchi was only 20. She was also Callerya's cousin, so she heard all about how terrifying the launch and landing were. She wanted to tell her cousin that she was on the way, even if only to talk to someone she knew who arrived in one piece, but she wasn't allowed.

The Chief allowed his underlings to tell their immediate families that they were going, but not where. Triton's mother figured. She was used to him disappearing on dangerous missions for months or even years at a time, but she was more afraid than ever. Joshua was his cousin. He was there when Hera tried to destroy the world. Cipher and Team Genesis would know he was after them as soon as they saw his face. Koji thought that he and his colleagues identified most of their members, but there was bound to be one who evaded their attention; one who would recognise Triton and report it to a hit man. He spent a quiet evening with his mother and sisters.