Chapter 62: Utopia

The Interplanetary Police had to decide: which evil team needed to be taken down first? Cipher or Team Genesis? They weren't even thinking about Team Plasma.

'I'm thinking,' Triton said, 'If we get rid of Cipher, we could let Team Genesis think they're free to do whatever they want. Then we move.'

'I do think we should deal with Cipher first,' Hadron replied, 'For several reasons. One – to free our colleagues. Two – the other prisoners, who could die while we fight Team Genesis. Three – if Vitthaya told the truth, there can only be a maximum of 1,000 Team Genesis members. Cipher must have thousands. Four – as well as the imprisoned people, there are hundreds of Pokémon on Cipher's production line as we speak. Five – we have no idea what could happen if we attack Team Genesis while that space-time rift is open. Six – Cipher could easily regroup and take full control again if we're occupied with Team Genesis. I think that's–'

'Hello there.'

The police officers didn't flinch at Sonnet appearing from nowhere, but everyone in the lab was startled.

'I've got another reason for you. Wish demands that Cipher hand over all their Shadow Pokémon to Team Genesis. The more Shadow Pokémon that surround him, the more likely he is to do something terribly dangerous. However! As of now, I can confirm that both Team Genesis and Cipher still believe you're all on a Robo Rayquaza in the void, if you've left Earth at all. If I were you, or rather if I were you with my knowledge of Team Genesis and our delightful Master Wish, I wouldn't want them to find out that you're here. It could tip Wish over the edge. So might I suggest a plan?'

Everyone was silent for a moment. They didn't expect Sonnet to appear when the doors were locked, let alone to hear their entire conversation to make his own suggestions. Triton glanced at Hadron.

'Up to you, I guess, bro...'

'You're welcome to suggest a plan. I can't guarantee we'll follow it.'

Sonnet's bulky backpack thumped onto the floor. He unzipped and flipped it to empty its contents: several Team Genesis spacesuits.

'I suggest we take these. And yes, by the use of the word "we," I am suggesting that I accompany you. Wish has commanded Praise and I to take control of Cipher's headquarters. So I think I should tell him that the residents there were unwilling to cooperate, so we just destroyed the place. Wish won't mind. Both he and Cipher will assume the police weren't involved.'

Hadron knew the scientists at the lab trusted Sonnet, but they hardly knew Praise. He did meet Callerya for pizza since the takeover. He was yet to actually admit he was a member of Team Genesis. Then Hadron noticed that Sonnet was left-handed. Whoever killed Banks Belville and Porsha Znider was left-handed. Yet was Sonnet really making a suggestion, or did he know it was a demand? Could they even say no? He was apparently going anyway. Then again, wouldn't Team Genesis be vulnerable without two of their Admins? Could they be taken down then?

'I'll be off soon either way, but I would appreciate a lift.'

He sighed. 'If you don't come, I suppose I'll have to take a few Grunts...'

Pretending to be Team Genesis would certainly help them. Hadron thought about it for a while. He eventually agreed.

They could only take as many people as they could fit on a single plane. Firmino had a legitimate reason to go to the Icelands Water Services. He offered to fly them there. That meant Nyx was going. Mercury wanted to go, not only to protect his best friend and Sonnet, but to photograph whatever happened there. He set out to photograph the evolution of Mars. He would finish his job.

Triton and Aranchi would go. The officer who was already in New Mauville, Calypso Ozaki, was still safe. They could pick her up on the way. The others would remain in Ironville to coordinate potential backup and defend the city in the event that Team Genesis or Cipher did something dangerous.