19.

While Yuzuru got dressed, Joan waited outside his room, catching up with Yumi and trying to ignore the situation they were caught in just moments before.

Yuzuru didn't even take 5 minutes, he walked out of the room with a suitcase in hand, dressed in Japan's tracksuit with a smile on his face.

"Shall we go?" He asked the two women waiting for him.

"Yes, Brian already went to the hotel." Yumi said with a slight knowing look

"Ah great!" Yuzuru said, trying to ignore her "Are you staying in our hotel too?" he asked Joan.

"No, it was fully booked, I have to find a motel or something for the night"

"No, you don't have to. You can stay with me" he said without a care in the world, making his mom stare at him.

"Yuzuru..." She warned him.

"Don't look at me like that." he said, realizing how he must have sounded. " The room is huge, the bed can be separated in 2. There is no reason for Jo to try and find somewhere at this hour, that's all"

Joan looked carefully at Yumi trying to gather her opinion on this.

"It wouldn't be the first time you two slept together anyway" Yuzu's mom said, making them both blush.

"See" Yuzuru told Joan with a carefree attitude " it's up to you Jo"

"Just for tonight, I'll find somewhere else tomorrow for the rest of the competition"

"It's three days..."

" And you will be staying with us in Sendai anyways" Yumi added.

"You will?" a hopeful Yuzu asked.

"In her own bedroom" Yumi added.

"Sure sure... Let's go, I'm tired"

"I need to get my bags from the reception before that"

"You should probably head to the car first too. The media is going to be outside." Yuzuru told her with a bored expression, he missed being able to go unnoticed in Japan.

"Waiting for their star, of course."

Joan and Yumi went to the car together while Yuzuru drew attention away from them when he left the building, cameras clicked everywhere, and a lot of people screaming his name. Joan knew he was popular, but not to this level.

The ride to the hotel was fairly short and thankfully, no one knew where he was staying so it was very peaceful.

Yuzuru opened the door for Joan and helped with her bags, despite her claims to be able to do it herself.

The elevator ride was peaceful, all of them too tired to try and find conversation. Yuzuru's room was a few doors away from his mother's. Yumi gave her son a look. "Behave, you still have a free skate to do. I won't wake you, but remember your practice in the afternoon"

"Hai, okaasan"

The Japanese opened the door of his hotel room with the keycard and gestured for Joan to come in. 

"Woah" was her reaction when they entered, it was quite big indeed. The boy just laughed softly at her reaction.

"Make yourself at home, I'm going to have a shower, that's okay?"

"Yeah, of course."

Taking a few clothes from the closet he headed to the bathroom. Joan took that opportunity to change into her pajamas too. She knew Yuzu had mentioned separating the bed so she settled on the couch watching a bit of TV while he showered.