27.

'Hello, when are you leaving? I think we should talk'.

'??? Who's this??' Joan asked on WhatsApp instead so she wouldn't get extra taxes from international messages.

'Yuzuru'

Her heart stopped that very same second, it couldn't be.

'Hanyu?'

'You know any other?'

'Good try, whoever you are, please don't disturb me, it isn't funny'

The person on the other side tried videocalling, she refused since she was on the plane back to London, it was rude to disturb other passangers.

'Seriously?' the person asked.

'I'm on a plane, can't take calls right now'

'Oh...already? But you believe me?'

'No, Yuzu would never text me. I have no idea what you think you're doing, but it's not very well informed'

'Can't believe you will make me do this' the other person answered and then sent a video.

It was Yuzu, recently out of the shower, hair back in what looked like his hotel room.

"Jo, it's me...Can you please stop calling me a fraud?"

'Did you kidnap Yuzu and made him do that???'

Yuzuru started laughing like crazy, this woman was completely crazy and he missed her badly.

He took a photo, eyebrow raised as in questioning and sent with the caption 'Really? you're supposed to be the smart one'

'Well, It's just hard to believe'

Yuzuru headed to his bag and retrieved one very special plushie, one that Joan sent to him with the card back in PyeongChang. He also retrieved her presents from today, gathered them all in his hold and took a selfie, sending it to her.

'Maybe I have forgiven you a while ago' he just wrote and sent before the regret settled. 'Am I forgiven too?'

Her breath hitched at the cute image that faced her screen, but one question still remained.

'Why am I blocked then?' she asked, ignoring his question.

'That phone stopped working like 2 months after we broke up, the card was too old to use, I changed numbers' he replied instantly, he wanted to keep her on the line.

'okay... Why now?'

'Why did you left Canada?'

'I asked something first...'

'I don't know Jo, I wish I could just give you a reason... I'm sick of pretending I don't care. I miss you, I've been miserable and suddenly you come watch me live and send me these gifts after I do well, my day gets even better, even if my head tells me I should hate you'

'Hate? Wow'

'I could never, you know that'

'That's the thing, I don't know. People change with time.'

'I can't hate you, you can't hate someone you love... I really don't want to do this by text Jo'

'Zu...'

'What time do you land?'

'In a few hours, it will be very late there. But I don't work tomorrow. We can maybe find a good hour for a call'