21.

The medal ceremony dragged on for a while and Yuzuru had dinner plans with Team Japan. He did invite Joan to join them, but knowing they would probably fall to the temptation of only speaking Japanese, she insisted on staying in the hotel and ordering room service once again, enjoying the free time to catch up on her studies.

The anticipation for Yuzuru was killing her and when it became clear that he was going to take a while, she decided to go to bed, falling asleep eventually.

When the Japanese arrived at the hotel room, after about two hours, he knew she probably wasn't waiting for him, and deep down, he hoped she wasn't. Keiji kept insisting on him staying and he couldn't say no to one of his best friends, no matter how much he wanted to be somewhere else.

Yuzuru found her soundly asleep in their bed, he noticed a few books on the couch from her previous study session and smiled fondly. He had a quick shower and got in the bed shirtless, sweatpants covering his lower half, and wrapped his arms around her sleeping body.

Joan felt herself waking up when two strong arms enveloped her body and turned around slowly, in a very sleepy state.

"Hey" she said softly.

"Hey, didn't mean to wake you up, I'm really sorry"

She changed positions slightly, positioning her head on his shoulder and cuddling a bit further, making herself comfortable when she noticed his naked torso.

"Why are you naked?" she asked with a gentle laugh.

"I'm not"

"I can feel your abs"

"I'm wearing sweatpants"

"I'm sorry, why are you half-naked?"

"Do you want me to put a shirt on?"

"I didn't say that..."

"Maybe I should, it looks like this is bothering you" he said with a smirk on his face, teasing his girlfriend and starting to move, pretending to get up.

"Shut up" she told him as she captured his lips with passion and steadied him on the bed. "I never got to congratulate you properly"

"Hum, it was just a bronze medal" he said in between kisses.

"You're the one that matters to me, I don't really care about the overall result. That and you will always be the gold medalist for me"

"Even if I screw up and fall a lot?"

"Yes"

Joan was pretty much on top of him as they kissed like they hadn't seen each other in months.

"Hum... are you tired?" he asked her hopefully.

"For you? No. but I understand if you are. You had a long day"

"Not for you" he said with a bright, anticipating smile, rolling Joan on the bed and placing himself on top of the girl, kissing her once again.

Yuzuru teasingly started placing kisses on her neck and enjoying her delicate reactions to every touch. His hands placed underneath her shirt explored Joan's naked waist, caressing her slowly and softly, almost afraid he would scare her away.

"I'm not glass Zuzu"

"Hum?" he enquired, a bit confused.

Joan got up in the little space he gave her and swiftly removed her shirt, exposing her naked chest to a very wide-eyed Yuzuru.

"No bra?" he asked, still almost unresponsive.

"To bed? Absolutely not, it's uncomfortable". The boy was still somewhat too surprised to act, enjoying the beautiful view in front of him, a view he had imagined more than once. The truth is, his imagination was nowhere near as good as the real thing. "You know, you can touch, I won't bite..." Joan told him with a confidence she didn't know she had, probably newly acquired from the way he was looking at her.