I don't get it. (Briffin, mainly fluff.)

Oneshot of Briffin being difficult <3@Griffin solos (on ao3)     requested this, ty for the request. I had fun writing this. Also, I'm sorry I definitely kinda word vomited this. 

"tHe BlAcK pHoNe iS MiD" YOUR MOTHER IS MID.

I'm sorry.

-Griffin's house (3:43 P.M. May 5th, Friday) -

"I don't get it." Billy says, Griffin looking distraught replies with "You don't need to get it to tell me it won't change anything." "If I don't get it, then how do I know it won't?" Billy asks, trying and failing to use a non-passive aggressive tone. "You don't have to know right now. You don't even have to mean it, just please tell me it won't. I don't care if you're lying, I just need to hear it. From you." Griffin pleads, now close to tears.

Billy sits silent for a few moments. "I already made a promise that I wouldn't lie to you. I'm not going to break that promise now." Billy says, getting up and grabbing his things to leave. "That doesn't even exist, I've never heard of it." Billy says as a parting.

Leaving Griffin with his thoughts is also something he promised to not do, but apparently that promise doesn't matter as much.

-Billy's route (8:21 A.M. May 6th, Saturday) -

Billy nods his head as a greeting to some kids he passes, throwing newspapers onto the driveways that are on his route.

He subconsciously slows down as he approaches Griffin's house, Griffin's sitting under one of the trees in his front yard reading a book Billy had lent him a week or two prior. A small smile's placed on Griffin's features before he looks up and faces toward Billy. Billy quickly looks away and continues on his route.

-Billy's route (8:27 A.M. May 7th, Sunday) -

Billy does a similar routine as yesterday's, greeting the kids playing outside with a nod and throwing newspapers to people's driveways.

Subconsciously slowing down once again, this time Griffin isn't under the tree and instead in at the mailbox reading through the mail. He also doesn't look up towards Billy, gifting Billy more time to look at and admire him so he stops his bike and stands staring at the other. "Billy!" Griffin's little sister, Sarah, says, running out through the front door of Griffin's house. Griffin's head slowly turns more towards Billy who looks like he's a five year old who just got caught with his hand in the candy jar.

Billy's dog is jumping and scratching at his leg, asking to go say hello to Griffin and his sister. Billy does a hand motion and the dog runs over to Griffin. "I saw you through the window!" Sarah exclaims, now standing at the end of the driveway. Griffin just stands still with the dog jumping up at him, clearly wanting attention.

Griffin eventually bends down and pets the dog. "Can you come in and have a tea party with me?" Sarah asks, looking hopeful. "I'll have a tea party with you Sarah, I believe Billy has a few more houses on his route. If you want to, you know you're always welcome." Griffin says, the last part aimed towards Billy. "I do, next time though." Billy says with a smile, only acknowledging Sarah. "C'here boy." Billy says, patting his leg for his dog to continue following him. "Can he pleaseeeee stay here? It's hot outside, too. Give him a break?" Sarah asks, hopeful Billy will let her play with the dog for a bit. "I guess, I'll come back and get him in about thirty minutes when I finish." Billy responds, waving goodbye.

A little less than thirty minutes later, he's knocking the Stagg's front door. Griffin answers the door, with a pink fur boa around his shoulders and a children's taira on his head. "I know you're y'know, but don't you think it's a little much?" Billy asks. "I'm having a tea party with Sarah, she insisted I wear the boa and tiara, I'm lucky I tricked her into letting me skip the princess dress." Griffin replies, stepping to the side to let Billy in.