Closer (Rinney)

Wrote this in like five minutes, so it's not very good but like deal with it. I do wanna expand upon a more canon fic but till I finish the ones I have rn, this is what you're getting.

-Robin's house (6:27 P.M. October 26th, Wednesday) -

Robin can think of very few things about Finn that he can remember clearly. Like, there are the obvious things, his green eyes and his wardrobe pretty much only consists of loose jeans, and cargo pants (not the straight boy ones, the ones that people actually consider 'cool') then the baggy graphic t-shirts, with the occasional band logo.

He loves seeing Finn smile, the genuine ones that reach his eyes. He smiles a lot at school but it doesn't typically reach his eyes, Finn also has a weird obsession with being in control and having the upper hand. If he's near, say, Vance, he'll do everything to not stand next to him or be in a situation where they're pitted against each other.

His faded vans and converse cover up the hatred he holds for almost everyone there, Finn even flinches when Robin comes close. He knows Finn's scared to get close to everyone, anyone, right now. After what happened.

No matter how many times he promises Finn he'll never leave and that he'll be okay, Finn won't let him get close. And that's okay, he can go at Finn's pace if it means Finn's comfort isn't being compromised. He'll settle for meaningless conversations past curfew at random parks hours away, even if he craves conversations that hold value like talking about plans they have for their future.

He wants to rest his head on Finn's shoulder without him flinching, it's getting colder and it makes them both feel warmer. He wants to be closer, but Finn talks like he knows everything. Like he knows that everyone, not even just girls, wanna wear his clothes and be as close as Robin is to Finn.

He'll never give them away, but it's nice to think of cute scenarios between them in class when he should be writing notes. He even takes note of the faded t-shirts placed on the bleachers when Finn practices his pitching. He knows it'd look great on him, but he can go at Finn's pace.

He knows Finn's just scared to get close and open up to people, and Robin understands that. He was like that for a while too.

Even if he'd be warmer in Finn's sweater throughout the fall and winter, he feels a sense of pride when Finn calls him his. Even if they don't do a whole lot of intimacy or affection, he'll settle for what they have since it's the best he's ever had and the most he could probably handle right now.