Selfless. (Rinney was the original thing but idk)

Kinda assumed unrequited Rinney (with Finn being the one in love) But also Gwen/Robin in a way?  

Needed to write this, I wouldn't have been able to exist without doing so.

Gwen is selfless. She'd never do anything to hurt anyone and is always doing things to contribute to others' happiness. Even if it makes her not able to do something she wanted to do that day.

Which is exactly why Finn could never tell her how he feels about Robin. Gwen would give him up in a second, telling Finn she wasn't all that into him anymore. Even if she was just gushing about him an hour ago.

She'd insist she's okay, and Robin's all Finn's. Say she'll be fine, she'll sympathize and tell Finn to go for it. Giving the classical "He'd probably be happier with you than me." The worst part about this, Finn would take the chance in an instant.

He would willingly steal Gwen's boyfriend, just for a chance at getting what he wants. And he knows how that sounds, but he would never tell Gwen or even act on it if they did break up. He knows how Gwen would be inconsolable for days if they broke up. Gwen loves Robin, so Finn can tuck away his feelings for as long as it takes for them to go away or for how long it takes Gwen to be happy and stay happy.

He can make sacrifices too, he can do what Gwen would do for him. As long as he keeps Robin's eyes in his life, he can live with not being the one for Robin.

As long as he can let his gaze linger for just a second too long, he can deal with never being able to have Robin. To see and be seen by Robin in that light.