Chapter 17

"Lance come on your so slow!" Yelled Lance's family. He looked around, confused how he got here. His family was walking with their bags of beach day things and motioned for Lance to follow them. He stood there in his swim shorts an unbuttoned Hawaiian shirt. His bags in his hand.

A wide smile formed on his face as he jogged up to meet his family and walk with them to their weekly beach visit down the road.

(What was I doing before this? God I can't remember. Doesn't matter anyway, it's beach day.) Lance thought to himself as he strolled with his familia.

Lance helped set up everyone's chairs and towels,and ran to go play beach volleyball with his siblings and cousins.

A few minutes later Lance dove for the ball so they wouldn't lose the lead his team had against his sister and cousins, doing so he ended up getting a face full of sand. But he saved the ball. That's all the mattered. He brushed the sand out of his face and saw his nieces and nephews waving their group to join them in the water.

His team won the game, and the opposing team all dashed and raced to get to the beach. Lance wasn't in a hurry though as he stared at the salty blue waters. His feet stopping in their tracks just before he touched the water.

He looked out at his family having fun splashing each other and swimming in the blue waves. He wasn't sure why he was hesitant about joining them, he loved the ocean. So Lance took a big step into the small oncoming wave.

As he stepped into the small wave, it was like the sand under the water disappeared. And his body sunk into the blue depths, dragging him away from his family.

As he got pulled down into the water his memories came flooding in like a tsunami of pain and suffering. Now he remembered where he was before, and started to panic. Arms and leg flailing in the dark blue that encased him, as it slowly started to get thicker around his body. His hands shot out and he could feel the glass of the pit he fell in.

He didn't want to back in here. He wanted to be with his family. Playing beach volleyball and making Galric knots.

He let out a scream, the icky fluid filling his lungs once again as he grabbed his face and throat. Scratching the skin trying to rid himself of the pain the liquid caused.

Just as his fingers broke through the think skin of the scar that went across his face he felt like he was falling. A rush as he fell out of his confined space with all of the liquid. But he didn't continue with it. Instead he felt warm arms wrap themselves around him. It was comforting.

He coughed and puked up the stuff that he did end up swallowing and breathing in, but it didn't burn like it just had previously. Why was that he wondered.

He felt the warm arms shift his body around gently and delicate fingers sifted through his wet hair. Lance leaned into the touch, as he started to calm down he heard a distant voice speak to him. The voice was soft but deep at the same time.

It sounded familiar.

"Lance"

Yeah that's my name...

"Lance, can you open your eyes?" The soft voice spoke. That was a weird question to ask lance thought. His eyes were open. Right? Lance looked around the dark of his eyelids and realized he wasn't in just a black room, and fluttered his eyes open. Squinting against the light of the room.

The blue orbs opened all the way and everything was slightly blurry. He blinked his eyes a few times until his vision came to focus. Off to the side he saw the broken glass of a cryopod and the healing fluid spilled all over the floor.

"Lance" The voice said, and he realized it was coming from who was holding him. He turned his head away from the mess on the floor and met with wide dark grey orbs staring back at him with a soft look. The tuft of white hair at the front of his head had seemed to gotten whiter. Lance's eyes scanned over the mans face.