6

reminder: isa's pronouns are still they/them only.

"Now, continuing where I left off..."

Isa POV

'How do I get out of here?'

I took a deep breath and let my eyes close, focusing on the whispers in the darkness as I tried to calm down from everything. Once a voice finally stood out, I focused on it - desperate to know who it was and if I could get to them. When the voice became clearer, so did a very high-pitched ringing. I covered my ears and whimpered while fighting to stay standing, the ringing getting even louder. Pain coursed through my body as my nails elongated and my horns slowly materialized, my tail wrapped securely around my waist.

'It has never hurt like this before,' I gritted my teeth until the pain subsided, letting out a shuddering breath. 'My limbs feel so... heavy...'

"Well, well, well," A low and raspy voice chuckled as Prometheus stepped out of the darkness. "If it isn't the little heir."

"Don't call me that!"

"Why not? It's true. You're a perfect vessel-."

I growled as my tail unraveled, lashing angrily as a warning. "Walk. Away."

"He was right, you really are like a kitten."

I threw a ball of fire at him before taking off, wanting to get as far away from any titan as possible. Growls, hisses, and the distant flapping of wings followed me for a few more meters, eventually dying out as the light of the river disappeared. As I continued walking, a voice — a whisper — reached my ears and made me stop.

"My liege? Are you alone?"

"Who are you?" I didn't hesitate to summon a ball of fire.

"Hunter... Daughter of Hekate."

'Hekate-?!' I hesitated for a split second. "She never told me—."

"Well, considering what side of the war she's on... But she still doesn't want you or your family hurt. I'll leave you hints on how to get out. Stay safe, your highness."

The voice melded with the whispers again and I let out a low groan, the stress in my body only managing to rise. There was a faint light toward one end of the darkness, a soft voice in the back of my head causing my legs to slowly take me in that direction. I walked for what felt like hours — the light not getting any closer — before every ounce of adrenaline left me, causing me to drop to my knees in the darkness.

'Pathetic,' I internally growled as my body trembled like a leaf. 'My father is the king of the Underworld and I can't even traverse this place... He'd be so disappointed...'