52

"Oh, I know you do."

I glanced away as my face began to heat up. "An-anyway, sh-shouldn't we take a bath?"

Bela giggled and purred against my cheek while kissing it. "Of course! I'll be good this time."

"You better," I chuckled as she walked to the bathroom. "I'm tired after that."

"You're not," Bela laughed before starting the bath water. "I promised I'd be good anyway! Just stay put. I'll get you when it's ready."

"Don't have to tell me twice."

"That's what makes you such a good Doll!"

I laughed, but she was telling the truth. I rarely made her repeat her orders — even in bed — and that's precisely what a Mistress would want. 'A good girl with a bit of an attitude sometimes,' I smirked to myself. 'That's what she wants. Damn glad I can deliver.' My hands reached for Bela when she returned, a smile spreading across my face as she picked me up and kissed my cheek.

The vampire carried me to the bathroom before setting me in the water, shutting it off, and joining me seconds later. I took her hand in mine as she leaned against me, a content sigh leaving her while we relaxed. I kissed her shoulder before closing my eyes and relaxing, enjoying the silence momentarily.

Four Weeks Later

"Baby," Bela whispered as she shook me awake. "Wake up."

"No," I groaned and turned over, still sore from last night. "You weren't gentle."

"You were a brat and got punished," Bela corrected with a tut. "Now, get up. Mother says she has something important for you to do."

"Great," I yawned. "So important it can't wait until sunrise?"

"...It's lunch."

"Why didn't anyone wake us?!"

"Mother told them not to," Bela shrugged as I sat up. "To be fair, they are preparing for something — the anniversary of you being accepted into the family."

"...Why?" I asked while walking to the bathroom. "It's just another day."

"Not to them," The vampire hummed and followed me, wrapping her arms around my body. "And not to me."

"Oh? And why not?"

"Because it's the day I decided it was okay to love you fully. The day I let my feelings go deeper."

I placed my hands over hers and smiled, leaning into her arms. "Okay, I get it. What do they have planned so far?"

"Don't know, but it was Costin's idea, so you have to love it either way."

"Bless his heart," I cooed. "And to think I called his parent a 'demon' at one point."

"To be fair, even Isa admits their Underworld form appears demonic. Apparently, there's a side of them only their grandfather has seen. I'm curious to know why and how and why they never speak of it."

"So, you want to interrogate your sister's significant other?"

"No. I want you to!"

"Bela," I laughed before getting into the bath. "You can just ask them! Isa seems to be an open book with your family, so I'm sure if you ask, they'll tell."

Bela frowned as she undressed and joined me — probably having to get somewhat dressed to answer the door when her Mother came. "Where's the fun in that?"

"Ah, so you just want to see me get flustered while trying to make Isa tell the story?"

"You're so adorable when you're flustered," Bela purred as she nuzzled against my cheek. "Not to mention, Isa will probably get flustered too, which means they'll start glowing. Free heat for Cass."

"...Did you plan this with her?!"

"...No..."

"Baby," I giggled and patted her cheek. "You've gotten horrible at lying to me."

"Because I normally have no reason to lie or hide things from you anymore," Bela pouted before pecking my cheek. "Besides, I can't lie to the future 'Mrs. Dimitrescu,' it wouldn't be appropriate. Now that things have settled down between the gods — Isa was right; they can argue for weeks on end — we can get married soon."

"We did spend weeks getting everything how we liked it."

"And getting everything except for the flowers."

I giggled as I began to wash up. "Queen Persephone said she'd have them ready for the wedding!"

Bela grumbled before burying her face in my neck. "Wanna get married right now."

"I know you do. I do, too, but right now would be a little odd."

"...Not while we're naked — although that would be interesting-."

"Bela, no one else is allowed to see you naked."

"Well, I was going to say the same to you."

"Glad we're on the same page," I hummed before kissing her cheek. "Bela, we should... Talk about something later — something important."

"If we weren't just talking about getting married, I'd think you'd want to break up with me," Bela sighed in fear, making me turn and cup her cheek.

"I'm sorry!" I pulled her close and kissed her, muttering my apology between every kiss.

"Hey, it's okay!" Bela laughed before making me rest my head on her shoulder. "Calm down, baby. I know you would never do that. It just sounded so much like the start of a 'We're breaking up' conversation."

"I'm sorry," I whined before kissing her neck. "I didn't mean to scare you."

"It was only a split second, I swear."

"Let's get ready and tell them we're getting married today," I pouted and pulled away from her, washing her body up.

Bela POV

'She's serious about this, you know,' The voice of Hera rang in my head as [Y/N] washed my shoulders.

'Huh?'

'Getting married today. [Y/N]'s serious about it, I can tell.'

'Because you're the goddess of marriage?'

'Yes, but in this instance, no. It's because I've seen people madly in love before; she fits that — so do you, don't worry — and it's obvious to everyone that she can't wait to marry you.'

'...How soon can you be ready?'

Hera laughed. 'I'm already in the castle! Gotta go, my Little Spark is starting to catch on.'

'Your 'Little Spark'? Who-?' The presence left, leaving me alone with my thoughts. '...Did she mean Isa? Is that what their aunts called them?! That's adorable.'

"Baby," I hummed and cupped [Y/N]'s cheeks, nearly swooning at her little squeak as she jumped. "Sorry, didn't mean to scare you."

She shook her head and smiled before letting her arms snake around my neck. "Moving on. What is it?"

"We're getting married today."