54

Cheers and applause filled the air when Bela pulled me in for a passionate kiss.

"Alright, lovebirds," Mother Miranda laughed before we separated. "Reception time!"

"Which means dinner and dancing," Lady Dimitrescu hummed, a loving smile on her face as she watched us. "After that, you all can do as you please."

"Which means I can steal you from everyone," Bela whispered and squeezed my waist as everyone moved to the long table. "How does it feel to be a Dimitrescu?"

"Like a dream come true," I muttered before kissing her cheek. "Food or dance first?"

"Food, definitely. You would answer the same way."

"Just testing you," I giggled. "Let's go."

Once everyone was seated and the food was brought out, Bela grabbed a knife and motioned for the cake to be brought out. 'Cut that, eat, then dance. And after that, I get Bela all to myself again.' It didn't take long for everyone to eat their food and cake, leaving the final task of dancing before everyone could relax. Bela offered me her hand once the music started, bringing a smile to my face as I placed my hand in hers.

'Finally,' I smiled as she brought me to the designated dance area, wrapping my arms around her neck while Bela pulled me close. 'Finally, my dream came true. I married someone who loves me for me.' The music started, and we began to sway, not wanting to do too much right away. 'And to think, this all started because Basil wanted to beetle battle some random person that was supposed to die...'

"Baby," I whispered and lifted my head from her shoulder. "Can we talk later? It's... Remember when the cadou tried to attach to me instead of that dead body?"

"Doll," Bela frowned, tightening her grip on me. "Do we have to discuss that on our wedding day?"

"...Then, tomorrow?"

"Tomorrow," She promised and pecked my lips. "It's a heavy topic, and I want us to enjoy today, but I also don't want you to think I'm pushing it away."

I smiled and pulled her closer, kissing her jaw. "I understand, baby. I agree with you, too; I just wanted to make sure I didn't forget to bring it up. Again."

"I'll make sure to bring it up tomorrow," Bela hummed as we continued to dance. "How many dances should we have?"

"You should dance with your Mother, and then we can all leave."

"If I get an extra dance, then so do you. Hm... I know! You can dance with Costin," Bela giggled before nodding at the boy as he danced with Hunter. "It would be adorable."

I rolled my eyes with a smile, giggling when Costin laid his head on Hunter's shoulder. "Okay, maybe I will."

Our dance ended after a few minutes, prompting us to bow to each other after we separated. Bela swarmed over to her Mother and spoke to her, causing a smile to cross her Mother's face as she nodded in agreement. I walked over to Hunter and Costin, telling her what Bela and I agreed on before holding my hands out for Costin. The boy grinned and reached for me, letting me take him from Hunter as she offered Daniela a dance.

I moved away from Hunter to give the two space, beginning my 'dance' with Costin. 'He's getting too big for this — which will devastate him to learn, but it's the truth. At least the triplets will be able to pick him up with no problem, no matter how big he gets.' I hummed along with the music, making Costin giggle and tighten his grip on me.