this is it (part 2)

Marinette looked at herself in the mirror. Her make-up was perfectly applied by Juleka and it looked amazing. A natural look but with a little extra. Her hair was slightly curled and put into a high ponytail. 

'He always liked it when I wore my hair down.' 

Her eyes widened and she quickly shook her head. She shouldn't be thinking about him. She was going to be married to another man in two hours, and she was thinking about another man. 

No matter how much she tried she couldn't get Adrien out of her head and she felt horrible for it. She was about to marry one of the sweetest people on this planet and still she was doubting if she made the right choice. Yes sure, Luka was so sweet and treated her right but Adrien was her soulmate. The person she loved ever since she was 13.

She looked beside her and took a good look at her dress. She had made it and designed it completely herself. It was her dream wedding dress, the dress she imagined herself wearing when she was a little girl, fantasizing about marrying the love of her life. 

A knock on the door snapped her out of her bubble. Alya's head came through the door as she smiled at her.  She looked stunning with her hair up and her pink bridesmaids dress. Her face changed when she saw the state of her best friend. She came inside and dropped her arms beside her. "Girl! Are you still not in your dress?" She exclaimed. Marinette shook her head and looked away from her causing Alya to frown.

Alya tilted her head and took a good look at her face. "Sweetie, are you okay?" She asked with a slight voice. Marinette took her bottom lip between her teeth as she swallowed her tears away. She looked back at Alya and shrugged. "I...no." She broke down. 

She sat down on the chair behind her as Alya immediately reached out to her. "Mari, hey, talk to me." She said as she placed her hands on the bluenette's shoulders. Mari looked up at her and Alya winced. "Yikes, your mascara!" She exclaimed as she stood and walked to the dresser. She grabbed a makeup tissue and returned. She grabbed another chair and sat beside her.

Marinette's face got pulled towards her maid of honor before she gently wiped away the mascara smudges under her eyes. "What's going on? You know you can tell me anything." She told her, grabbing one of her hands. Marinette sniffled and placed one hand on her forehead. 

"I don't know if I am making the right choice." She confessed but Alya just frowned. "What do you mean?" She asked before her mouth dropped open. She placed two fingers on the bridge of her nose and shook her head. "Don't tell me this is about Adrien."

Marinette nervously bit her lip and looked away before hearing Alya sigh. "Marinette, I know he means a lot to you and that you're closer now but he's your teenage crush. You're getting married now. Please move on, girl." She exclaimed as she got up from her chair and paced the room.

Marinette wiped her sweaty hands on her thighs and got up. "There's something you don't know." She confessed, biting her nail. She quickly stopped herself, pulling it out of her mouth as she remembered she just got a new manicure yesterday.

Alya turned around and raised an eyebrow. Marinette looked at herself in the mirror and fixed her hair before looking down, fiddling with her fingers. "I've been having an affair with Adrien for over a year now." 

Alya's eyes widened. "Are you fucking serious right now?" Marinette shyly looked up and nodded. Alya took a deep breath she didn't know she was holding. She opened her mouth to say something but didn't know what to say.

"Al, please say something," Marinette begged, desperately. Alya ran a hand through her hair and lightly chuckled. "I'm a little speechless, to be honest, and that doesn't happen a lot. You know that." She replied. "Look I know it's horrible but we have an unreal connection and he makes me feel things no one else does. Not even Luka." Marinette said as she let out her heart.