SIXTEEN

TW- mentions of panic attacks

Anna's POV
13th June 2021

Today is Englands 1st match of the euros and Mason is quite nervous.

I haven't spoke to Dec since I left the room 3 days ago.

Mason has seen him at training and he's been asking about me but because Mason is a sweetheart, he hasn't told him as it isn't his play to say.

He's been so good to me. He been helping with anything I need or want for the baby and he's been letting me sleep in his bed and he's sleeping on the couch even though I said it's fine.

When I go to watch training, Dec stays away from me as I ignore him.

I watch Theo in the day because there's no one else to look after him and it is still my job.

"Are you ready?" Mason walks into my room but I'm still in my pyjamas. "Are you not coming?"

Mason is heading to the stadium with the team but I don't want to see Dec.

"I am but later, I just want to do something first." He sits next to me and sighs.

"Are you ok?" He asks and tears come to my eyes.

"I really miss him." The tears start to fall down my face whilst Mason holds me.

"I know sweetie." He holds me and pulls his phone out.

"What are you doing?" I ask him as he messaged someone.

"Just asking the coach to wait for us." He smiles as I lean into his embrace.

"Thank you." I sigh and wipe the tears off my face.

I get myself together and get ready.

I didn't know if I should wear my 'Rice' England top so I decided on my plain one which has no name on the back.

I tuck half of it into my leggings and leave the other half out.

I tie my hair up out of my face and into a messy bun at the bottom of my head.

I quickly put some mascara on and grab my bag before rushing to where the coach is waiting for us.

As we get on the coach, Mason thanks him for waiting and finds us seats.

I sit at the back with Mason whilst Dec is in the middle.

I'm sitting at the window seat so Mason can talk to his teammates on the ride down there.

————————

We're about halfway through the journey and I've just been looking out the window the entire time.

"Hey, are you ok?" Mason asks me and pulls me out of my thoughts.

"Yeah, why?" I look at him and he looks worried.

"Well, you haven't said anything the entire journey." I sigh and shrug my shoulders.

"Not much to say." I show Mason a little smile but it soon disappears.

"Your miserable without him." A tear fall down my face so I quickly wipe it away.

"Well he cheated on me so he can't like me that much." I look at Mason again and he's smiling at something.

"This might cheer you up." I hear little feet running down the coach and immediately know who it is.

"Mummy!" Theo says whilst I pick him up and put him on my lap.

He leans on my chest and starts to tell me about an adventure he had yesterday.

I'm listening to his story when I look at someone who is standing up to look at me and Theo.

Dec.

We make eye contact and he smiles at us. I don't fully smile back, I just show him half a smile.

————————

By the time we got to Wembley, Theo is fast asleep on my lap.

I get up, careful not to wake him and hold him close to my chest.

Mason warned me before that there will be lots of people and cameras when we get off the coach so I hold Theo protectively.

I take a deep breath before getting off the coach right behind Dec but in front of Mason.

It's very overwhelming, I don't know how they do this every time.

I hurry to the entrance as I feel my anxiety rise around all the flashing cameras.

Some players stopped for interviews but I kept walking inside to get away from it all.

I sit on a chair that's near the door and take some deep breaths so I don't start to have a panic attack.

Theo starts to wane up in my arms and sees that I'm upset.

"Don't be upset mama." He wraps his arms around my neck and wipes the tear away that escaped.

"Thanks baby." I kiss his cheek and sigh.

I stand up as the players start to filter in.

When Dec comes in, Theo wants to go to him so I put him on the floor as he runs over to him.

Dec picks him up and walks past me as Mason walks up to me and puts his arm over my shoulders.

————————

The final whistle goes off and everyone starts to celebrate.

They won 1-0 so everyone is excited to be going into the next round where they will play against Scotland.

Theo looks around and is clueless to what's going on as he has his ear defenders on and has been playing with toys all match.

Once everything has died down the players have their post-match interviews and I'm near Decs, since Theo wanted his dad, when I hear a question that involves me.

"Who was the girl with your son coming off the coach?" They know about Theo but they don't know who I am.

I'm intrigued to what Dec will reply with after the events of the last few days.

"Umm..." he is hesitant about his reply as he probably doesn't know what we are. "That was his nanny who looks after him whilst I'm at work." He chuckles and finishes the interview.

Once he's done, I go over to him and give him Theo back as Theo wanted him.

"Just the nanny huh?" I storm off as I don't want to listen to what he has to say.