Preliminaries

(Y/N) POV

After I made sure Team 7 was alright. I gave them an extra scroll I had got from winning a fight against some ninja from the Land Of Keys. Everyone else continued their own way so I made my way back to the tower.

I made some hand signs before flashing in front of Grandpa Hokage who jumped at my sudden appearance.

"What are you doing here brat?!" A Jounin asked me. I glanced at him before looking back at Grandpa Hokage.

The room was filled with Jounin's, Ibiki, Anko, and Proctors.

"What are you doing here, (Y/N)" Kakashi curiously asked me. I sighed quietly

"I came to give my report to Grandpa Hokage," I looked at Kakashi before turning back to Gramps "There are a few suspicious people that have infiltrated the exams. Orochimaru is one of them" The room was filled with gasps and faces of shock.

Grandpa Hokage widened his eyes temporarily before giving me a serious look "Are you certain?" I nodded

"He attacked my team and attempted to give Sasuke the Curse Mark. However, I was able to reach in time and intercept his attacks. We engaged in battle but he retreated after I severely wounded him" I informed. I noticed Anko gripping her neck as a scowl appeared on her face.

Kakashi and the other high-level ninja's stared at me wide-eyed. I guess they never imagined a Genin to take on a Sannin. Grandpa Hokage huffed out some smoke before turning to me again

"What about the other teams? Anything suspicious?" I nodded my head

"The Sound Ninja's are definitely ones to watch out for. In my opinion, they should be executed on sight. The Sand Ninja's are also a group to keep an eye out. Another participant in the exams named Kabuto Yakushi seems eerily suspicious. I don't trust them. They stink of malicious intent!" I inform.

Grandpa Hokage sent out all the ANBU and Jounin to search the forest for Orochimaru. Kakashi gave me a glance before flashing away.

"Thank you, (Y/N). If it wasn't for you, we wouldn't have known Orochimaru has infiltrated the exams" Grandpa Hokage patted my head. I smiled lightly before taking my leave.

I walked through the hall and noticed Kurenai's Team had arrived. Gaara and his team seemed to arrive earlier than expected than any other team. I sighed. Kiba noticed me walking and shouted in my direction.

"Hey (Y/N)!" Kiba winked. I waved lightly. Hinata shyly smiled as me as Shino nodded

"What are you guys talking about?" I asked curiously

"We were talking about the screams we heard in the forest!" Kiba told me.

I boredly looked at me "That was me destroying someone"

".........."

Silence was met in the entire hallway, not even the wind was blowing! Kiba stared at me open-mouthed, Hinata looked like she wanted to faint and Shino was frozen. I noticed in the corner of my eye that Gaara was intently looking at me.

"W-what?" Kiba stammered. I inwardly smirked along with Shadow who was laughing at their expressions

"Yea, I was about to destroy him until he escaped. What a coward!" I sighed in exasperation. The present Genin's shivered in fright except Gaara who watched me in wonder. I blew him kiss, making him turn away quickly.

I stood to the side, as I waited for my team to come.

'Seems like a lot of teams passed. However, it's too much. I bet the Hokage and the other Jounins might be planning to get rid of some teams by having a preliminary. I wonder who I'm gonna fight...'