Realization

(Y/n)'s POV

I ran as fast as my legs could carry me, the packed crowd wasn't helping my situation at all. I grunted as I had bumped into someone. I quickly apologized before I continued on, come on, come on, come on, make it on time! I chanted those words again and again in my head, hoping that it would somehow help me.

I grinned happily as I now stood in front of the restaurant. It was a pretty casual restaurant, there were a lot of people coming and going. I spotted Gaara in a distance, his leg was bouncing up and down impatiently, I'll have to apologize to him later. The waiter gave me a weird look when he saw me approaching him.

"Umm, I'm here under the reservation of Gaara?" I said.

The waiter's eyes immediately widened, "Of course ma'am, please follow me."

I plopped onto the chair, Gaara's eyes snapped to me immediately. "Hey Gaara, sorry about being late, I....I over slept." I sheepishly rubbed the back of my neck.

"It's okay, what matters is that you're here." The redette said, giving a tiny smile.

"But I made you wait, how long did you wait for me? I am so, so sorry." I continued to apologize.

"Like I said, it's okay, and I didn't wait for a long time. I actually arrived late myself, I was worried that you were the one who was waiting for me, but it turns out we are both late." Gaara gave me a small smile, "So, what do you want to order? The usual (f/f)?"

"You know me so well, kukukuku, and of course. I would like that." I grinned.

Mini timeskip~

Soon enough, the food had arrived. I thanked Gaara and dug in, I was unaware of what the redette was about to say. This is delicious, maybe I should go here more often. Going here with Obito, Sakura and Hinata would be a fun bonding experience.

"(Y/n)," Gaara called out, gaining my attention.

"Yes?"

"Have you ever considered marriage?" I was taken aback by his straightforwardness, but it's one of the things that I liked about him.

I paused, contemplating. Yes, I considered having a marriage, but it's mostly Shadow and his shipping.

It's not just me and my shipping. You actually sat down once and thought about marriage. Didn't you say to me that you would find someone after all the chaos is over?

Yeah...

Then don't lie to one of your future husband candidates, you need to be open!

As much as I cringe when I hear you say that, you are right. I guess it is about time I considered finding someone. After all, you aren't always going to be here with me, are you?

Don't act like I'm never going to see you again. I'm totally going to be that one awesome grandpa and there's nothing you can do about it. Oh, and I'm definitely going to spoil my grandkids rotten, don't you dare stop me.

Hearing you say this...it makes me think that you're going to love my grandkids more than you love me, I couldn't help but let out a chuckle.

Gaara looked at me worriedly, "(Y/n)?"

"Sorry, sorry, I was talking to Shadow. Anyways, about your question...Yes, I've considered marriage, but not now. Life is chaotic as it is, and to have a relationship? That's like adding salt to a wound or gasoline to a fire, you know?" I said, hopefully he won't be angry with me.

"Oh," the redette seemed saddened by my response, "But would you consider dating after everything is over? After all the chaos is gone? And who is Shadow? I have never heard of him."