Chapter 14: Close to You

"Why do birds suddenly appear
Every time you are near?
Just like me, they long to be
Close to you...

Why do stars fall down from the sky
Every time you walk by?
Just like me, they long to be
Close to you..."

- (They Long to Be) Close to You; Carpenters

~ ~ ~

Atlanta, Georgia -- Noon

A silver BMW SUV rolls into the open parking space in front of ADios Cafe in Downtown Atlanta. Ava exits the uber and wraps her arms around herself as a cool breeze blows by. She's glad she made the decision to wear her hair down in loose waves today, it helps in protecting her ears from the cold. She walks the few steps up the stairs to the entrance of the gorgeous 2-storey Mexican themed restaurant.

As Ava opens the door, a server greets her warmly.

"Hello, table for one?" He asks.

"I'm actually meeting someone. I'm not sure if they're here yet," Ava replies.

"Oh, are you here for Mr. Stan?"

"That's right."

"Sure, right this way. He also just arrived."

The server leads Ava through the front of the restaurant - the tables there already filled with patrons - and up a set of stairs to the second floor. It is much quieter, away from the lunch crowd below. Ava spots Sebastian in the distance, sitting with his head down, looking at his work phone. He looks really good in a simple black hoodie, a pair of black jeans and leather boots, as his denim jacket hangs behind him on the chair. His hair is much shorter than the last time Ava saw him.

Sebastian looks up as he hears footsteps approaching. He puts away his phone in his pocket and grins as Ava walks up to the table. Good lord, she's a vision. Mackie's right, I am whipped. Dressed in a chunky lavender sweater and fitted white jeans with knee-high black suede boots, she looks absolutely stunning.

"I'll be back in a few to take your orders," the server says before turning and walking away.

"Hey stranger," Ava smiles, her eyes twinkling as she greets Sebastian.

"Hey stalker," Sebastian grins as he gets up from his seat. He leans forward and places a chaste kiss on Ava's cheek, his hand lightly touching her waist. His eyes fall shut as he catches a whiff of her fresh fruity perfume - lime and mandarin with a touch of spice... he loves citrus scents - and it takes all his willpower to not bury his face into her slender neck.

Unbeknownst to Sebastian, Ava is facing the same problem as she takes in the full effect of being so close to the tall, handsome romanian. From their first encounter at the airport, Ava had been wrecking her brain trying to pinpoint the cologne he was wearing. It wasn't until she figured out it was Sebastian that she had bumped into, that she knew all she had to do was goggle him. And damn, he has good taste. Expensive, but oh so good.