Chapter 16

A few minutes later

A few minutes later, Zoey came out of the room as she kept her head down and continuously walked until she hit someone.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to-", she said before she could finish her sentence, she picked up her head to see Sabrina. "Oh...It's just you.", Zoey said as she tried her best to keep her poker face on and walked past her.

Just then, Sabrina came to hit her behind her back with a bat but Zoey's reflexes never changed as she turned around quickly and dodged, causing Sabrina to hit an ornament with a glass cover on it. The ornament was an apple, with a cross-chain in it, the ornament fell and broke causing the antique cross-chain to fall free. As soon as Alexander heard this sound, he stormed out of his office and Sabrina tossed the bat to Zoey, leaving her shocked.

"ZOEY! WHAT THE HELL IS THIS!", he roared at her coldly.

A few minutes ago, he was someone else but he changed so quickly.

"What do you mean, I didn't-"

"Zoey took the bat from the corner of the house and tried to hit it on me because but she ended up hitting the ornament as I tried to dodge her!", Sabrina exclaimed as she hid behind Alexander, holding his arm close. "I'm so sorry Alex, it's all my fault... I think she was just jealous because I came here... I didn't come here with ill- intentions...I just needed a place to stay.", she said as she started to cry.

Zoey was left in shock at what was going on, and of course...angry as hell.

"What the hell...", Zoey muttered under her breath as she grabbed onto the bat angrily.

"Is this true Zoey?", he asked coldly which made Zoey's heart freeze.

"You believe her over me...?", she said as she scoffed.

Alex just took the ornament and started to walk away, but he heard a loud thud which made him stop, to see Sabrina lying on the ground out cold as Zoey looked at him with no remorse.

Meanwhile

"He will only use you...He doesn't love you, his heart will only belong to me.", Sabrina whispered in Zoey's ear.

One thing she didn't know about Zoey, she had a short fuse when it came to people not telling the truth, so she hit Sabrina with the bat and she was knocked out cold.

Present

Zoey tilted her head as she threw the bat on the floor and looked at Alex, who tended to Sabrina. Sabrina woke up and she pulled Alex down for a kiss while Zoey stood there in shock. Zoey walked away and went into her room as her eyes started to glow, and she packed her bags.

(Enough of this shit.), she thought to herself as she was now leaving the house.

But she felt a hand grab her.

"What the hell Zoey!", Alex shouted at her, but she wasn't shaken by his loud voice.

"I don't want to be here anymore.", she said as she started to tear up, hiding her face away from him.

"That doesn't give you the right to hit her with a bat on her head, knocking her out cold!", he roared at her.

"Let. Go. Of. Me.", she commanded as her eyes started to glow brightly again. "You will never find me and you will not touch me again unless I allow it.", she said as her eyes glowed deeply which left him in a trance-like state.

He didn't have control over his body as his hand let go of her.

"What the hell was that just now...", he whispered to himself.

Zoey walked with her suitcase on the wet roads as the cars splashed a little water on her.

"Great Zoey! You've really messed up big time now. Got your kiss ruined... the swine is messed up...Alexnder is messed up....MY LIFE IS MESSED UP!!!", she said as she started to talk to herself and huffed.

"Hey! Hey! Zoey!", she heard a voice calling behind her, to her shock it was Damien.

"Damien? What are you doing here?", she asked as she looked at him shocked.

"Get in the car, it's freezing here.", he said as he got out of the car and grabbed her suitcase putting it in the booth of the car."C'mon, I'll give you a ride."

"Did...he tell you anything by any chance...?", she asked so quietly that her voice was barely audible.

"No, he didn't. I saw everything that happened...Let's go for a drive and you can decide if you still want to leave, I'll take you to the airport. I promise.", he said as he placed his warm hands on either sides of her arms.

"Okay...", she said as she looked down at the ground.

The whole car trip went quiet with Damien stealing glances to look at her.

"You know...I'm okay, so you don't have to keep looking at me to check up on me.", she said as she chuckled a bit.

"Then I'm glad.", Damien said as he warmly smiled and kept his eyes on the road. "Do you know why he wanted to bring you to the mansion?"

"No, why?", she asked, turning her head to look at him.

"He's trying to protect you.", he said making the mood serious.

"And how? By locking me in that house and trusting his ex-swine over me?", she asked as she scoffed.

"There are people...dangerous people who also know you're secret.", Damien said as he held the steering wheel tight making his whites white now.

"They know what I do...?", she asked in concern.

"Yes.And that's why he's kept you there, your father and friends are safe, but...I think it's best if you talk to him, he would explain it better."

"I..Please just drive me to the airport.", she said as she turned her body at an angle facing the window while her head rested on her elbow.

They reached the airport.

"Well...I guess this is it...?", Damien asked quietly.

"Yeah...I guess so, I enjoyed training with you. Goodbye...", she said as she gave him a tight hug and he hugged back.

She was about to leave when she heard a voice.

"ZOEY! WAIT!"