Chapter 37

"I now pronounce you, husband and wife. You may kiss the bride!", the priest exclaimed as he closed his book.

Alex then smiled at his bride warmly and lifted up her veil slowly, to see her small doe eyes looking at him curiously, and her cheeks were flushed. He gazed at her plump lips and angled his head for a perfect kiss. Alex remembered this kiss felt different to him. It was not like the other times he kissed her. No, this was him claiming his woman. He held the nape of her neck as he deepened the kiss a little bit, she responded, and then he pulled back.

"Shit...I love you Zoe.", he muttered under his breath as his voice sounded husky.

"I love you too.", Zoey added as she leaned her forehead against his.

.

.

.

"Girl, I've got some perfect sleepwear for you tonight, just open the box if you're ever alone.", Lily said as she tossed a wink to Zoey.

"Ahhh, baggy clothes?", Zoey questioned.

"You can say something like that.", Lily stated as she lifted her hands in surrender and walked to Dante.

Later on that night

Alex opened the car door for Zoey to enter in, after she entered the car, he went in the driver's seat and started to drive off.

"Zoey?"

"Yes?", she responded and turned her head to face him.

"Put your hand on my lap, exposing your palm.", he ordered her.

Zoey did as she was told. Alex interlocked his fingers with hers and kissed her hand nonstop. She started to laugh at this sweet gesture and remembered how barbaric he used to be to her back then.

Just then, Alex's phone started to vibrate, he looked at the caller and answered his cell phone, putting it on loudspeaker.

"Mr. Griffin, everyone has left the mansion, I'm just waiting for you to come back, and I will leave too.", the maid of the house informed Alex.

Zoey's eyes widened in surprise, at the maid's statement and her thoughts started to race. Alex noticed it and he cut the call and started to laugh at her.

"What's wrong?", he asked as he now tried to keep a poker face.

"I...uh....I...", she started to stutter, so she cleared her throat and took deep breaths before talking again. "Are you sure you to do that...?", she whispered softly as her cheeks started to turn pink.

"Do what exactly?", he poked around with her.

"Don't...don't act like you don't know.", Zoey said as she started to pout and tried to pull her hand out of his, but he didn't let go of her hand, instead he held his grip on her tighter.

.

.

.

In the mansion

They held hands together, but Zoey's one hand was free. Alex led her to his room and decided to let go of her hand.

"I'm going to go take a shower.", he stated.

Alex then took off his bowtie and his coat and started to unbutton his shirt leaving his exposed back facing Zoey, leaving her flushed. As soon as she heard the bathroom door close, she ran towards the box to see what was inside it. Zoey froze as her jaw dropped looking at the item of clothing inside the box. She found a white transparent gown along with white lingerie.