Chapter 49

"You're ready?", Alex asked as he stopped in front of the mansion after their date.

Zoey nodded and Alex held her hand as they walked inside. They decided to talk to Alexa and Damien about their plan.

.

.

.

"Damien, we're going to need you to quit your job in order for the plan to work.", Alex said.

"How so?", Damien asked.

"Once you put in your letter of resignation, Alex will start to look for an assistant and that's where I come in. This chain will draw his attention.", Zoey said as she showed the chain.

"That's the-"

"Ruby piece from the medallion. Yes.", Alex said, cutting Alexa from speaking.

"Are you sure it's safe to give her that? She will become a target for other vampires and vampire hunters.", Alexa said.

"She won't because I will always end up being drawn to that chain for as long as she has it with her.", Alex said.

Alexa kept quiet as if she was debating with herself if it was the right move, then she finally agreed.

"Okay...Let's give it a shot.", Alexa said hesitantly.

Zoey slept on Alex's bed as they went by her.

"So I'm guessing Damien already taught you how to use your powers when you were away, am I right?", Alex asked.

"Yeah, I erased his memories a couple of times when I needed to go out.", Zoey shrugged, leaving Damie wide-eyed and speechless.

"Okay, so I'm going outside the house and Damien is going to drive far away from us, while Alex will walk you through the process. You sure you got this, bro?", Alexa asked.

"Yeah, I can do it.", Alex stated as he smiled warmly and looked at Zoey, tucking a strand behind her ear.

"Zoey, I enjoyed your company and you're the best sister-in-law I've ever had for centuries!", Alexa exclaimed before she could leave along with Damien.

"Are you ready, hon?", Alex asked her in a warm and gentle voice.

"I..", was all she could say until she burst out into tears. "I'm so scared...I'm so scared of losing you if I don't do this right."

Alex hugged her tightly in his arms.

"You got two options, leave this whole plan, no one will judge. Or you can work hard enough to seduce me.", Alex stated.

"How do I know if it'll work out though...?", Zoey questioned as she wiped her tears away.

"Because you never faked your personality like every other woman who threw themselves to me. Because you have a heart made of diamond and gold. You fight for what is right. That's what made me fall for you. You've stolen my heart at our first meeting, I just didn't know how to deal with it or what I was even dealing with. You made my life simpler.", Alex said. "You got this, every decision you make, I will always support you, Zoey, understood?"

Zoey nodded as she tried to calm down.

"Let's do this.", Zoey said as she shut her eyes closed and tried to focus.

Zoey opened her eyes again, Alex was not there. She looked for him in confusion but there was no trace of him. She then heard the shower running and she tried to take a small peek inside to see it was Alex who was standing there. She signed in relief and snuck out of the house with all of her clothes and erased every trace of her. She drove off, she smiled back to the house behind her as she adjusted the rearview mirror. Tears started to fall down her eyes.

"Pull yourself together Zoey...you're doing this for him..", she muttered under her breath as she wiped away the tears.

Meanwhile

Alex got out of the shower and looked at everything in confusion.

"Why do I feel a bit empty...?", he muttered under his breath as he frowned. "Am I missing something here? Maybe it's nothing...weird though...", he talked to himself.

Just then, he heard a knock on his front door.

"Damien, answer the door.", Alex demanded but as he looked around the house while he walked to the entrance, he found no trace of Damien but only a note, a letter of resignation.

Alex huffed out as he opened the door to see his sister standing in front of him, looking around. His eyes widened in shock but he soon hugged her tightly and so did Alexa.

"I...I thought you were dead, sis....", he stated.

"I'm here, don't worry.", Alexa said.

Later on that night

"Yes, I need you to open up a job for a personal assistant as soon as possible. Damien just left a resignation letter here, I don't know where he is too.", Alex stated and sighed.

Meanwhile

"Hey, dad! Do you want to watch a movie today?", ZOey exclaimed as she ran towards her father and hugged him tightly.

Leo was shocked to see her change so quickly because she would have normally been quiet and reserved.

"Sure.", Leo said.

The movie went on and Leo fell off to sleep. Zoey decided to put the movie off and covered him with a blanket after kissing his forehead.

"Goodnight, dad.", she whispered before she could tiptoe to her room.

Zoey closed her room door and opened her laptop, searching for a job as a personal assistant in Griffin's Enterprise. A sinister smile played along her lips.

"Got you.", Zoey said as she clicked for applying for the job.

She walked to her wardrobe and opened it.

"Let's see what we've got here."