17. Work to be done

'What is this?' Jamie asked as Cersei and Geneva stood on a freshly drawn map on the floor

'This is what father has been preparing for us or whether he knew it or not.' Cersei told him

'What are you going to do memorize every town Lake Forest and mountain?' Jaime teased

'It is ours now we just have to take it.' Cersei reminded him 'you've been quiet since you came home you were angry with me?'

'No I'm not angry'

'You're afraid of me?'

'Should I be?' Jamie asked her

'Did you want a moment alone?' Geneva asked taking a step back but Cersei grabbed her hand keeping her put.

'Daenerys Targaryen is sailing. Across the Narrows sea to try and take back her fathers thrown... where would they land?"

'Dragon stone they have deep water ports for the ships.' Geneva suggested. Hightowers and Targaryens used to be bound in matrimony, she knew Targaryen history and holding quite well.

'and Stannis left the castle.' Jamie remarked

'and that was where she was born.' Geneva moved over the map to Dragon stone

'And our enemies to the east and south, south are a brood of bitches and to the west of the old country another traitor and enemies to the north... Ned Starks bastard who has now been named the king of the north and that murdering whore Sansa stands by side.' Cersei informed them 'Our enemies are everywhere and we are surrounded by traitors you are the commander of the Lannister army now how do we proceed?'

'Winter is here.' Jaime told her, 'we cannot win a war if we cannot feed our men and our horses the tyrells have has the grain and stock-'

'Will the tyrells stand beside a dorthraki whore?' Cersei questioned 'and unsullied slave soldiers?'

'If Daenerys is winning no one wants to fight in the losing side. Right now we look like a losing side.' Jaime reminded her.

'Great vote of confidence Jamie.' Geneva mused. 'Optimism honey."

'I am the queen of the seven kingdoms.'

'Three kingdoms at best if you think about it.' Geneva added 'sorry ignore me.' she went back to walking around the map.

'I'm not sure you understand how much danger we are in all of us Lannister's have a target on our back!

I understand that whoever loses dies I understand that whoever wins could have a dynasty that lasts 1000 years!'

'Dynasties for whom? Tommen is a mess I don't know that he will ever recover, let himself love again, Mycella will take the name Martell when her and Trystan marry.' Jaime told her. 'You and me.'

"A dynasty for us then." cersei agreed looking to Geneva.

"we are flesh and blood the last Lannister is the last ones that count the two of us.'

'Even Lannister's cannot survive without allies.' Jamie remarked walking over the map again 'where are allies now? You saw what happened to Walder Frey and his family.'

'I heard. How could we ever trust a man like that?' cersei spat.

'We couldn't. He was a useless old coward but the freys supported us now they are all dead whoever killed them is not our friend and we need allies stronger, stronger better allies we cannot win this war!' Jaime informed her.

'do you think I didn't listen to father for 40 years and still learned nothing?' Cersei asked walking away. "Come on Geneva, there is work to be done."

+++++

'If the Mad King's daughter takes the iron throne she will destroy us and we know it. some of you are Bannerman of House Tyrell. Tyrell is an open rebellion against the crown with their house the Mad King's daughter has created gathered an army of soldiers, mindless unsullied soldiers who will destroy your castles in your holdfast. Dothraki heathens who will burn your villages to the ground rape and enslave your women and butcher your children without a second thought.' Cersei told them.

'this is how the Tyrells will be rewarded for centuries of loyalty... you remember the mad king you remember the horrors he inflicted upon his people. His daughter is no different her accomplishments are already legendary.' Cersei went on, 'she liberated slavers bay and when she grew bored of that she fed them to her dragons. It is my solemn duty to protect the people and I will but I need your help my lords we must stand together. All of us. We hope to stop her.'

"Ruling like a queen. Now onto a wedding." Geneva smirked up at Jaime.