Chapter 20

Vegas swore an hour had passed, but neither of them had fallen asleep yet. He turned on his side and faced Pete. "Can't sleep?" he asked, running his hands through his hair.

"Yeah..." Pete said as he turned onto his side to face Vegas.

Once again they were so close to each other that Vegas' heart was racing. Pete brushed Vegas' hair aside and placed his hand on his cheek, pulling him into a kiss.

It felt like Vegas' life depended on this kiss. He placed his hand on Pete's waist and pulled him toward him, wrapping his leg around him. For what seemed like the last time, Vegas ran his hand through Pete's hair as he deepened their kiss.

When they pulled apart, Pete rested his head on Vegas', "Can you hold me?" he whispered.

Vegas shifted his position and wrapped both his arms around Pete as he laid his head on his chest.

And that was it, that marked the end of their relationship together. They both fell asleep in each other's arms hoping the night would never end.

When Vegas woke up this morning, he was excited. Excited to see Pete. He hoped that they'd have another day like the previous; more sex, more dinner dates, more kissing...

But when he looked around, his bed was empty. He walked over to the bathroom, but Pete wasn't there. Vegas sprinted down to the second floor and to Pete's room but was welcomed by the hotel staff who were making up the room.

"Do you know where the visitor from this room is?" Vegas asked the staff.

"He checked out this morning."

Anger, fear and sadness filled Vegas as he made his way back to his room. He knew that their relationship was never going to last, but he was still hopeful some part of Pete felt the same way he did.

Vegas made his way back to his room; his jaw was clenched as he tried to hold back his tears.

When he saw the unmade bed, Pete had lied in just a few hours ago, that's when the reality of the situation had hit him. Pete was gone. He was never going to see him again.

Tears streamed down his cheeks as he whimpered. He hugged his knees. This pain cut deep. It was worse than when he found out his ex cheated on him. It felt worse than when his mother died. Vegas couldn't fathom why Pete would have let without saying anything...

But since that day, Vegas grew colder. He was always on edge, snapping at everyone and got frustrated easily. Three months had passed since he last saw Pete. He grew to hate Pete. He couldn't believe he was such a fool to trust someone and allow himself to be vulnerable around someone who just left him and never bothered to see or contact him again.

It took three months and Vegas had still not gotten over those feelings, but he managed to hide them deep within, but all that effort went to vain when he was Pete once again, standing in Kinn's office...