Chapter 21:

That morning Junghwan got up from the bed and walked to his room in hesitation. He walked back and forth before he decided to knock on the door since he needed to get ready for school. Before he could turn the knob, the door suddenly opened revealing Jeongwoo, who was already complete with his uniform.

"Hyung!" shouted Junghwan in surprise.

"Morning Junghwanie. Sorry I forgot to unlock the door last night." greeted Jeongwoo with a bright smile on his face. However, Junghwan could notice his puffy eyes.

"Maybe he also cried a lot last night" thought Junghwan by himself but still he returned the smile back to Jeongwoo. "You got dressed up already? Wait for me hyung. Let's go to school together. It won't take too long." said Junghwan and quickly reached for his towel and ran toward the bathroom.

Jeongwoo headed to the kitchen to grab something for breakfast. He heated up 2 sets of instant meal packs for him and Junghwan and prepared the table with 2 glasses of chocolate milk. Since he still has time, he decided to make poached eggs to complete the meals.

"Let's have breakfast before we go, Junghwanie. I've already heated the rice and made an egg poached." said Jeongwoo when he felt a presence behind him, who he thought was Junghwan until he turned around just to find out it was Haruto. He froze on his spot and locked a gaze on each other. Never did he know that Haruto was still in that house.

Haruto didn't say anything, he brought his face down and avoided eye contact before turning around, deciding to leave the kitchen. Jeongwoo could see how miserable the Japanese is and seeing the one that he loved suffered like that, it hurt him inside.

"Wait!!!" Haruto halted on his spot when he heard that. "Do you need anything?" asked Jeongwoo, that made Haruto turn back to look at him. "I need you" he shouted back in his mind, however he doesn't have a courage to answer it like that.

"Ermm..I wanna get some water," he said, still avoiding eye contact.

Jeongwoo quickly reached a glass and filled it up with water and handed it to Haruto.
"Here." Haruto was flustered when Jeongwoo handed him that and he excitedly reached out for the glass but his hand accidentally held Jeongwoo's hand that made the Korean startled and pull back his hand in a sudden. Luckily Haruto managed to hold that glass properly before it slipped off.

"Jeongwoo ya.." Haruto felt overwhelmed by Jeongwoo's action. He slowly moves forward to lessen the gap between them but Jeongwoo quickly steps back.

"Don't take me wrong. I don't do this because I want to get back to you. No matter what, we are still members of the same group and we will see each other everyday. It's better we stay as friends. What I did earlier was just a sense of humanity." explained Jeongwoo.

Haruto didn't argue with what has been said. He stole a gaze on Jeongwoo who avoided eye contact. No matter how much he wants to pull him into his arms, he has to accept the reality that he has no right to do that anymore and it's hurt him.

"Ruto hyung, you wake up early." Junghwan suddenly entered the kitchen and directed to the table when he saw the food. "Wahhh, is this for me?" asked Junghwan happily.

"Emm.. that's for you." answered Jeongwoo and took a glance toward Haruto who still looked at him silently.

"By the way...thank you for this." said Haruto and walked out from the kitchen. His eyes start to tear up. They were once happy together but now everything has been awkward between the two of them.

Junghwan silently observed the two brothers of his. He wish he could do something to help them both since he could see neither of them willing to let go. He loved to see when they were together. But now everything has gone awry.