Part sixteen

Dan's POV

"You like him still, don't you?" Chris asked me and sat beside me after Phil and Evan left.

"What?" I looked at him, giving him a confused look.

"You still like Phil." PJ said, coming into the room.

I ignored the fact that Chris probably told PJ and gave them both a puzzled look in attempt to convince them that I didn't like Phil.

"Dan, we're not that stupid. You obviously do like him still." Chris rolled his eyes.

"Ok, fine, yes I do. But what's the point anymore? Phil's so in love with Evan." I sighed. "Maybe if Evan hadn't been introduced to us, I'd have a chance with Phil."

Chris gave me a sheepish grin and I shook my head.

"But Phil..." PJ trailed of and I turned to face him.

"Phil what?"

"Nothing."

"No, don't do that, not now. Phil what? Tell me."

PJ bit his lip. "If you tell Phil I told you.."

"I won't! Now tell me!"

There was a silence and I was starting to become impatient. What was it? Could it be what I think it might be? Did Phil-?

"Phil liked you." PJ said quietly but loud enough for me to hear.

Oh. "Wait, wait, wait... you're being serious?"

"Yes."

"Phil Lester liked me?"

"Yeah- no, he was in love. Phil Lester was in love with you, Dan Howell."

I stayed quiet now. At first I felt confused but I let what PJ had just told me sink in and I felt a wave of excitement and happiness.

"Aw, look who's happy now." Chris teased and I hit him.

"Hey, Dan, be honest, who the hell beat you up?" PJ asked.

"Evan... Don't you dare say I'm lying and be so fucking blind like Phil who doesn't believe shit I say about Evan!" I said as soon as I saw their expressions.

"Why would Evan do that though?" PJ continued to question.

"I don't even know. I think he's trying to keep Phil away from me and trying to make me stay away, he keeps telling Phil that I'm threatening him and a load of other bullshit that isn't true." I shrugged.

"Wait, how long have you and Evan been fighting like this for?" Chris suddenly became serious.

"Two weeks after he started dating Phil, I think."

"Dan, this isn't okay." Peej sighed.

"What am I supposed to do?" I groaned. "I'm going home now, see you guys later."

Ignoring their complaining, I left their place but when I got home, I found Phil and Evan snogging on the sofa.

"I'll just leave then." I said loudly even though it was rude. "Don't have too much fun."

They broke apart and I swear, I saw Evan flip me off but if it did happen, he was quick.

"We'll leave-" Evan began but I cut him off.

"No, it's okay. It's not like I live here or anything. Oh, and Evan? Thanks for the bruises on my fucking face. Can't wait to explain how it happened to people." and with that, I angrily walked back outside and started walking to wherever my legs took me.