𝘏𝘰𝘴𝘱𝘪𝘵𝘢𝘭

Derek, Peter, Melody, and Braeden are sat in Derek's loft, Melody having coffee and cheesy fries in her hands while sitting on the arm of the couch next to Peter while Braeden sits in a chair opposite of Peter and Derek and reclines back, putting her feet up on the table.

"The table's Italian." Peter tells Braeden, looking from her feet on the table to her face, hinting for her to take her feet off the table.

"So are these boots. Are we going to talk interior design and fashion or are we going to talk numbers?" Braeden reply's back smartly, ignoring what he was hinting to do.

Peter sighs and starts scribbling on a piece of paper. Braeden and Melody watch as Derek stares at his own reflection in a pair of sunglasses.

Peter slides the piece of paper to Braeden, she looks at what's on it and crosses out the figure, writes a new one and slides it back.

Melody looks down at what she wrote and her eyes immediately widen at what she wrote and she tries to hold in her laugh, knowing how Peter will react.

The numbers are Braeden's fee for finding Kate and giving her to the Hales first, asking Braeden to go against the Calaveras, who also hired her to find Kate.

Peter looks at the price she wrote down, "We're hiring you to find Kate, not assassinate the president." Peter scoffs.

"Your hiring me to find Kate, so didn't the Calaveras. What's costing you is to find her for you first and going against the Calaveras" Braeden tells him.

Peter sighs and writes a new number and slides it back over to Braeden, who doesn't even look at it. She keeps her eyes on Peter, telling him the price won't change.

Peter throws his hands up in exasperation and walks away, making Melody snicker, causing Peter to glare at her but there was no fire behind it.

Derek rips up the piece of paper, "We'll pay whatever you want as long as you find Kate and bring her to us." He tells her, knowing that the only way she would do it is if they paid her price.

Melody looks down at her phone and checks the time, seeing that she had to get to school, "I have to get to school so you guys have fun." She tells them, starting to walk out the door.

Braeden follows her out, satisfied she got what she wanted, when they walk out they hear and can practically feel Peter slam the door, obviously not happy.

Melody and Braeden look at each other and share a laugh, finding his tantrum funny.

------------------------

Melody, Scott, and Stiles walk towards the lacrosse field for practice while Stiles is trying to reassure Scott that he is still team captain while Melody stays quiet.

She doesn't want to give his hopes up if he's still not but she also doesn't want to ruin his hope if he is.

"We have bigger problems to worry about," Stiles turns around so his back was facing the field.

"Did you tell Argent?" Melody perk's up at the sound of Chris Argent, who's like another uncle to her.

"I sent him a text but he never got back to me." Scott tells them.

Stiles and Melody look at him like he's an idiot, "You told him his sister Kate came back from the dead over a text?" They ask in disbelief.

"I didn't have the money to call France." "You think you have money problems? Try paying for a MRI and a trip to Eichen House."
Stiles tells him frustrated.

"Another Notice?"

"Yeah and this one said final." Stiles sighs, "What the hell are we even doing here anyways? We have 117 million more problems than worrying about our lacrosse status." Stiles asked Scott.