𝘗𝘩𝘰𝘯𝘦 𝘊𝘢𝘭𝘭

Scott opens the back door to his house and walks in before he shuts it, seeing his mom standing in front of the kitchen table, looking out the window.

"Hey, sorry I'm back late. I was closing the Animal Clinic. I got more hours to earn a little extra..." Scott stops talking when he sees the money that he found in Garrett's gym locker, from the Benefactor because he killed those supernatural creatures, and hid under his bed.

"....money." He finishes making his mom turn around and look at him.

Melissa scoffed, "How much more did you need?" She asked him.

"This is payment from the deadpool, I found it in Garrett's locker." Scott explained as he walked over to his mom.

Melissa looked back at the money and sighs, "This belongs to Derek?" She looked back at Scott, "So you're just keeping it safe for him in a gym bag underneath your bed?" Scott stays quiet, making Melissa sigh.

"How long have you had it?" Melissa asked him. "Too long." He admits. "You know you have to give it back?" Melissa told him.

"I was going to." He tells her.

"Do I want to know why you haven't?" Scott looked at the money and took a minute to gather his thoughts.

"Because of you." Melissa looked at him confused on what he meant by that. "Me?" It took her a minute before she realized what he meant, making her sigh, "You mean because we've been struggling a little?"

"Mom, we're struggling a lot." Melissa looks out the window and rubs the back of her neck. "Scott, you can save people's lives but you cannot save them from life, life is full of struggles." Melissa tells him.

"But it doesn't have to be." Scott tried to reason with her.

"Honey," Melissa sighed. "Do you know what just one of these can do?" He picked up a stack of money.

"This gets us a new roof," He picked up another one, "This pays for Stiles' MRI," He picked another one up, "This pays for Eichen House," He picked up one more, "And this one means you don't have to work the double shift at the hospital and come home totally exhausted." Melissa smiled sadly at Scott before she picked up a stack of cash from the pile.

"What about this one?" She holds out the stack of cash for him, making him grab it and see the blood on it.

"And besides, you don't have to worry about any of that anymore," Scott looked at his mom, confused on what she meant.

"What do you mean?" Melissa smiled at Scott.

"Melody came by the hospital when Sheriff Stilinski came in a few days ago, when she was leaving she came by the desk and gave me one of her credit cards, she had me pay not only all of the Sheriff's debts with it but also ours. She even had me pay for the next couple of months." Scott looked at his mom shocked.

"Really?" Melissa grin's at her son, "Really?" She nods.

------------------------

The next morning during school Melody walked up the bleachers and sat next to Liam, "I heard what happened in the gym." She told him, making him sigh.

"It's nothing." Liam mumbled, making Melody shake her head and sigh.

"It's not nothing Liam, the looking around as if you expect something to just pop out and hurt you, the staring at something that's not there with fear before you run off, you may not think I notice but I do. I know the look of constant fear all go well." Melody made Liam look at her, "So tell me what happened Liam." Melody told him, making him reluctantly nod.