TAV 21: Back Home

NOTE: Hi, mammals of Earth! It's October! Hindi ako busy (kunwari lang hindi hahahaha) kaya here's an update for you! Thank you very much for the undying support!

•~~•~~•

CHAPTER TWENTY ONE: Back Home

Clarinette | Liana

There's nothing much to tell about our stay in the Royal Palace. Though sometimes I want to disobey the rule that Her Majesty bestowed the moment I walked on that red carpet she prepared for my arrival, the palace walls are undeniably quiet most of the time.

Kung walang agenda sa labas, mas mainam na lamang na manatili sa loob. Sa lawak ba naman ng buong palasyo, kahit umabot ng isang araw, hindi mo mahahanap ang anino ng kalaro mo sa tagu-taguan.

I seldom see the royal family due to the fact that each member has their reasons for going out. Most of the time, the first prince of Zegordia is teaching in the Academy, and Elliot together with Frencia studies there. Her Majesty has a lot of attending to do as the Queen, and her husband is always jumping from city to city amending internal conflicts.

Aside from court officials and high rank nobles, there are only a few people who actually reside inside the palace.

The former King went traveling to the north, the first son is a Professor, the second born is nowhere to be found, and the third son is the current King. The remaining daughter of the former King, Frencia, is a kid who sometimes acts like a mature individual, though sometimes she is.

Hindi naman ako pwedeng humingi ng oras para daluhan akong mamitas ng bulaklak sa hardin. With Sofia's help, everyday was never boring. Minsan naman ay pumupuslit si Frencia sa aking silid at tinatakasan ang pag-aaral niya. Hindi din iyon tumatagal dahil halos lahat ata ng royal knights ay nai-deploy para hanapin siya.

I tried to be an optimist. Lumabas kami nila Frencia at pumunta sa mall para mag-shopping, ang nakakatawang parte lamang ng nangyari ay para kaming mga celebrities dahil sinara ang buong mall at hinayaan kaming bumili.

There were a few gossips that reached my ears, but I ignored them. Walang saysay kung magpapa-apekto ako sa mga salita nila. Isa pa, Clarinette never attended any social circles nor befriended ladies from other clans, so it was an advantage to excuse myself from meeting them.

Minsan, gusto kong makisalamuha, subalit napapaisip ako na masyadong hassle lamang kung pipilitin ko ang aking sarili na magustuhan ng iba. I do want to be acknowledged as a person and not as a cursed child, but at the end of every rebuttal between my inner self, my eagerness for peace of mind ruled.

I don't need to affirm myself to others, I just need to accept who I am.

"Welcome back, your grace."

Sinalubong ako ng masayang mukha ni Teirro ng makababa ako ng sasakyan. Nawala lamang ang mga ngiti nito ng dumako ang tingin niya sa taong sumunod na lumabas.

"I thank you on behalf of the Duke for accompanying the Duchess and the young lady back home safely, Lord Verlarez."

"It is a pleasure to be in service, Mr. Hillman." Valan gave Teiro a meaningful stare before he directed himself in my direction. "This is where we part again, Liana. I will keep in mind your request and soon bring worthy results. Take care of yourself, your grace."

Valan left with his knights, and I am sure that he intended to pissed off Teirro, and that was biting off. "Did you find a personal aid in times of my absence, your grace? Hindi ko naman minamasama ang iyong desisyon, subalit, wala akong narinig na paunang anunsyo tungkol rito."