TAV 35: Her Majesty

CHAPTER THIRTY-FIVE: Her Majesty

Omniscient | 3rd POV

Location: In the Royal Palace. Six months ago.

Her Majesty, Queen Seisha Evangeline Monica of Zegordia is seated on a fur couch while holding a folder, reading the documents inside.

The ray of the sun beams at one side of the room through the huge glass window. It is past afternoon, and in a moment, the continent will bid goodbye to the sun as they welcome the moon.

The door was closed, the windows were made of glass, and even if there is a latch to open them, they are sealed. It would be impossible to feel the gushing of wind since the wife's office is perfectly closed.

"What is the purpose of having a door if you won't use it to come in or even knock?" asked her Majesty. Nanatili ang kanyang tingin sa binabasa.

In her peripheral vision, she can distinguish a walking figure of a man, slowly approaching the L-shaped sofa and sitting there comfortably.

"I am looking for Altra," he said.

"And you are guessing she is here."

"No, but you know where she is."

Umangat ang tingin ng Reyna sa kaharap na binata. The last time she saw the Second Prince of Zegordia is when the mist that binds the continent to the curse has lifted. Now, Prince Lurren is still handsome but with a troubled face.

"Unfortunately, I only know her last location. She visited me in this room 8 years ago, and I don't know where she went after that."

"Pertaining to the Duchess who has a ball of light from Winteria's power?" he uttered.

Prince Lurren twirls his right fingers until a cup with a hot choco appeared out of nowhere. Of course, this man has the capability that can match Fate of Esher. A simple brewing of hot choco is a piece of cake.

"Altra must have warned you about using that body as a cultivation fragment. Hindi na nga kaya ng katawan niya ang kapangyarihan ng Dyosa ng Liwanag, ginawa niyo pang guinea pig ang walang muwang na babae."

Her Majesty flipped the folder and put it on the table that separated them. "If Fate will succeed in this cultivation, the vessel will die and the ball of light will merge into the fragment. It's like Fate intended to take that power rather than give it back to Winteria."

"That only means another battle will commence."

"Only if an outsider infers," Her Majesty said.

"So, you completely agree with Fate's process in taking that ball of light and letting the soul go back to where it belongs?"

"It is not me who will decide on that, second Prince of Zegordia."

"But it seems like someone's altering the version you prepared for her," said the Prince.

Her Majesty stared at the second Prince of Zegordia. She always forgot that this man she is talking with has the power to read what is inside their heads and be able to confront them of their greatest desire.

"I believe whoever is messing up this timeline could be either you or Altra." Prince Lurren crossed his legs and leaned back to the sofa's back supporter. "A speculation arose in the Royal Court, the forest fire that struck south of Dior was plotted by Her Majesty. The Duke of Silverstein Dukedom receives the suppression order from the King, and did you know that he suspected you?"

Her Majesty shrugged. "As planned."

Tumayo ang Reyna at tinungo ang bintana kung saan tumatagos ang kulay dilaw, dalandan, at rosas na mga kulay mula sa palubog na araw.