TAV 16: Her Confession

CHAPTER SIXTEEN : Her Confession

Clarinette | Liana

From the boundary of Zepares and Huin, we were escorted by the royal knights as we entered the White Lotus Valley. Every corner of the road has knights headed by the right hand in command of the King, Sir Erique Sebastian of Finburgh.

It felt surreal. Hindi ko maintindihan ang nararamdaman ko. The swirling emotions inside me grew into a tornado. With these unfamiliarities, my chest began to tighten as we drew near to the Royal Palace.

Teirro did say we will be escorted through, but he did not include that the vehicle will pass through the center. Marami kaming nariring na mga boses ng mga tao, may ilang tunog pa ng tambol na parang isang piyesta ang nangyayari.

Ginawaran ko na lang ng matalim na tingin ang binata, subalit nagkibit-balikat lamang ito. Don't tell me he did not know? Kung hindi niya alam, ibig sabihin lamang ay kagagawan ito ng reyna o hindi kaya ay opisyal ng palasyo.

As far as I know, the relatives of my father cut off their connection with us when the Marquess was punished as a traitor. My mother's side resides in Lucos City, and when she died, we didn't have any more communication with them.

Sa pagkakaalam ko, my parent's marriage was the result of my father's pursuit. The family clan of my mother was not well-known, and my father wanted a submissive wife. They permanently reside in Huin and all four of us were born in this state.

Why would they throw a huge welcome parade for our arrival? Is it because I married the Duke who is the cousin of the King? Come to think of it, Vyrre is also a prince because he has royal blood in him. That could be the reason, but why must it be grand?

There are different petals of flowers scattered in a red carpet that greeted my sight the moment I stepped out from the vehicle, carrying my daughter. Nabigla din si Sofia sa tunog ng tambol hindi kalayuan sa amin, subalit hindi siya umiyak. She looked straight to the instrument with glistening eyes.

It was Sofia's first time to see such huge drums. It is also our first time together to be greeted by royal knights falling in line at each side of the carpet, drawing their sword out and raising it up high. The next thing we heard was the sound of trumpets, and Teirro signaled me to walk.

I gave him a glare before I started obeying. Nalilibang ang bata sa mga nangyayari habang ako ay halos takasan na ng hininga habang papalapit sa dulo ng alpombra. Nanatili akong nakatingin doon hanggang maaninag ko ang taong nakatayo sa dulo.

She's wearing a faded blue layered ruffle dress, matching with blue heels and blue scrunchie. I do understand she knows about fashion because of how she looks.

Bumagal ang lakad ko ng magtama ang aming tingin. She looked at me with warmth and her eyes went through Sofia who was busy looking at the knights and smiled.

She's the Queen of the Kingdom, the former princess of Henia, daughter of the former villain of the Kingdom. The woman who is looking at me, greeting me with her vibrant expression is none other than, Queen Seisha Evangeline Monica Duexeviz-Liorn.

"Clarinette, I am glad you arrived safely," she said when I finally arrived in front of her. "I know you hate being greeted with glamor but it is in the custom of our Kingdom to host a formal greeting for the arrival of the only Duchess of Silverstein."

Sa puntong ito, gusto kong maging pilosopo. Alam niya naman pala subalit ginawa niya pa rin. I only let out a fake smile before my gaze went back to the path where I walked.

"If it is a custom, does it mean that the Queen personally greets everyone who arrived in the state that has connection to the palace?"

She let out a soft chuckle. I recognize that kind of reaction, because I know how to study women's behavior. In the fashion industry, I must learn to understand the temperament of those around me, especially people who I can consider a great pretender.