Mission 19 - Game Over

The emblems of Beacon and A.M.C spined for a few seconds before a map that the audience was familiar with appeared on the screen.

The camera slowly zoomed into the map before the familiar voice of Command spoke up, "Primary exfil point has been compromised. Proceed to Secondary Extraction South of bridge. Enemy presence... substantial."

The camera stopped above the place that was covered with either red circles or red arrows as Neptune's voice sounded on the screen, "It's just too hot...But room temperature? Please, a beer should be ice cold!"

Qrow grinned, taking a sip from his flask, "Hell yeah."

A small square popped into the screen and moved a bit to the right, showing the audience three jeeps driving down the hill.

"A lager maybe, or a glass of water like you drink. But a pint of stout?" Weiss asked

"Heh." Neptune laughed as the jeeps proceeded to drive down the hill, "I'm gonna have to school y'all both when we get back stateside."

"Yeah, well, either way we're stopping at Vacuo first. And I'm buying." Yang answered.

"Well, at least the world didn't end...Hit it." Neptune said.

"What are these people doing here?" Penny asked.

"It's a normal road, Polendina. They were unaware, about their operation." Ironwood answered.

"No doubt that Cinder's troops ram them over just to get to my sister and her squad." Winter said, with some of the audience agreeing with her.

"Enemy truck at 6 o'clock!" Neptune shouted. The cars of the civilians moved aside, as Ruby started firing at one of the trucks who fired back, breaking into a gunfight with her.

She reloaded her weapon, hearing Weiss call out, "Baseplate, this is Bravo Six! What's the status on our helicopter, over?"

"Bravo Six, the bird has been delayed, E.T.A. fifteen minutes." Jacques answered as one of the trucks sped forward and stopped right next to Ruby, keeping up with the jeep. Ruby quickly turned her attention towards it and to the faunus standing in the back of it.

They all turned towards Ruby and started shooting at her and she knew they had quickly gotten rid of them, otherwise she'll end up dead. She pulled the trigger and her weapon started firing back at them, and the fact that there were small pieces of metal covering the lower parts of their bodies wasn't making it easier. Thankfully for her, each one of the pieces fell off the truck when at least one of the bullets she fired hit it.

After she finally managed to take care of the White Fang soldiers in only this one truck, Weiss yelled out to her father, "Not good enough, Baseplate! We'll be dead in ten!"

"Weiss don't say that!" Ruby said

Winter nodded, "That's right you and your squad will make it out of this."

The truck that was now filled with the dead White Fang soldiers in the back drove forward, away from Ruby's jeep but it was replaced by another just a few seconds later and Weiss was quick to declared it, "Truck moving up on the left!"

Ruby didn't waste more time and started firing at the soldiers from the other truck. The first thing she did was making sure that lower part of their bodies wouldn't be covered by a piece of metal. After all of the pieces went flying in the air, she got rid of most of them. Most of them because there was one that was taking cover behind a barrel and she had to wait for the right moment to take him out. It finally came a few seconds later and a bullet to the head was enough to kill the faunus. She reloaded her weapon as the White Fang soldiers from another truck behind her started firing at her.