Chapter 12: Consider

"Your mom is going to die"

Nayeon has gone over to Jeongyeon's home for the last time with the pure intention of truly cutting ties with her.

Jeongyeon on the other hand is hanging on to the last thread of connection to her beloved Nayeon.

"Please. Keep my mom out of your mouth. I don't care if go millions of wons in debt, I just want to have control of my own life again."

"Your life will be ruined in the long term, for what? Some short term happiness"

"I haven't felt happy in a long time thanks to you. I'm done living for others. I'll prioritize my mom, but I'm going to start trying to be happy with what I have now.

Please, I'm really asking you to leave me be. If you really love me as you say, you'll support me.

Goodbye Jeongyeon."

Jeongyeon lifts her hand ready to reach for Nayeon to keep her. But her last words rang in her mind.

'I should support her if I love her...'

Nayeon escapes from Jeongyeon's mansion of a home satisfied yet empty. Jeongyeon had been the biggest part of her life for the past years.

Regardless of their latest years as a fake couple. Nayeon is still fond of their earliest memories of being innocent middle schoolers.

Jeongyeon was once the only person she had in her life, but their relationship ruined everything.

'It's for the best'

Nayeon leaned her head on the bus window thinking about her now bittersweet memories with Jeongyeon.

—-

"Yah! When did you break up?" Jihyo interrogated Nayeon at the Twice lunch table

News about Jeongyeon and Nayeon's breakup flooded the school.

"Don't worry. It was a mutual decision" Nayeon assured her friends.

The last thing she wanted was for things to be awkward within their friend group. All she wanted was to pursue a drama free, happy life.

"But she keeps staring at you from the track table"

Nayeon peers over to where the track team sits and sees Jeongyeon looking straight at her.

They immediately break the awkward eye contact.

"Oh well. At least you're moved on Nayeon. Now we can go partying as single ladies." Momo says with too much excitement in her voice.

"I don't have time for partying" Nayeon rolls her eyes.

The group of friends continued to chatter.

"Shoot your shot"

Chaeyoung tells Mina at their own isolated table

Mina raises an eyebrow

"Nayeon is single now. And you're first in line"

"We're just friends Chaeyoung"

"So you're telling me you wouldn't want to date the Im Nayeon? The girl anyone would get on their knees for at Hanlim?"

Mina stops to think. She'd never even considered seeing Nayeon in a romantic way...

'Me and Nayeon...?'

Mina violently shakes her head out of thinking further into such ridiculous thoughts. Nayeon just got out of a long toxic relationship. There's no way she would be ready to date.