33

Layla knew how things were tense with her and Cal. She knew how it felt weird. But she knew they both wanted to make it work for the sake of their baby.

That morning, Layla woke and sighed. She looked to see Cal sitting up. He handed her a cup of hot chocolate. He smiled. "I know you're missing coffee. But it's your favourite."

Layla smiled and kissed him. She looked to him. "I love you. And I know that we can make this work. We're having a baby. The nursery looks beautiful. You've done amazing," she said as she straddled him.

Cal looked up at her. He placed a hand on her bump. He smiled. "I know we can. We're going to be okay. You, me and bump."

"I know."

Layla began grinding against him. She could feel him hardening against her. She pulled down his boxers and moved her thong to the side.

Cal pushed into her making her moan. Layla began riding against him. Loving it as he filled her up. Within moments, they both released their loads.

Layla collapsed on the bed next to him. Cal put his hand on her bump. He smiled. "I love you."

"Love you too."

***
The two of them went into work. Cal kissed her and smiled. He walked off over to Ethan. Layla smiled as Lola walked over to her. "How's it going?" She asked.

Layla nodded and smiled. "It's going good. We both want to make this work. We're having a baby and we want it to work for the baby."

Lola nodded. "You've both been through a lot. And yeah you're right. You are having a baby. I know it's been hard and complicated for you. But it will be okay. You know that?"

"I know. Did Iain show you the nursery?"

"He did. It looks adorable. Mad to think you're having a baby that will be in there soon," Lola said as she hugged her best friend. "I can't wait to meet bub."

Layla grinned and hugged her. "Auntie Lola."

***
Layla was taking a break. She had a hard patient and felt bad for admitting she couldn't do it. It was a pregnant lady who was losing the baby. And she felt so bad.

Cal walked in and smiled. He saw the look on her face. "Hey. What's wrong?" He asked as he looked to her.

"A woman came in. She was losing her baby. And there was nothing anyone could do," he mumbled.

Cal sat down and took her hand. He felt so bad. "Hey. Our baby is okay. She's alive and kicking. Your baking her just perfect. She isn't going anywhere. Okay?"

"Okay. It's just... I felt bad. Having her seeing me with my bump. And she doesn't have her baby anymore. I don't know. I just feel guilty," Layla said.

Cal kissed her. "You have a heart of gold. And not everyone appreciates it. But you have to do what's best for you. I'm proud you managed to walk away before it got too much for you."

Layla looked to him and smiled. But she had no idea how everything was just about to get more and more complicated.