6

Layla sat in her sitting room at her flat. She groaned as she looked to her phone ring, she sighed to herself seeing it was cal. Layla was avoiding him, she had been since Taylor turned up. Layla ran a hand through her hair and sighed. She knew that she wasn't thinking straight, she had taken a week off of work and hadn't spoken to Cal since, she didn’t know what to say to him. She didn’t know how to say that it freaked her out the fact that Taylor had returned with his baby and the fact that she thought she was pregnant. Layla looked as her phone cut off as Cal trued to call her again. She ran a hand through her hair and sighed as there was a knock on the door. Layla stood up and went to answer the door. She sighed as she it was Lola "I know that your there Layla, and I'm not going anywhere until you talk to me" Lola said as Layla sighed "I'm fine" Layla said ad Lola sighed "I know you're not, and so do you, let me in and we can talk this through" Lola said as Layla sighed as she opened the door. She looked to Lola who smiled to her and walked into the house "want to tell me what's going on? Your boyfriend is freaking out and is worried about you" Lola said as Layla sighed and nodded.

Lola walked into Layla's sitting room and took a seat as Layla walked over to where she was sitting and pulled a duvet over her and sighed "want to talk to me?" Lola asked as Layla sighed "I'm a terrible person, Lola, how am I meant to do this. How am I meant to sit back and raise another woman's baby as my own, I can't...i know I'm terrible for saying it but Cal and I have only got back on track after all those years and I can't do it" Layla said as Lola smiled to her "how am I meant to raise her as my own?" Layla asked "you don't, but if you love Cal you will help him, he's struggling and needs your help and he's worried about you" Lola said as Layla smiled. She knew she needed to go to work and face her boyfriend instead of avoiding him.

***

Layla walked into the ED, she knew that she wasn’t on shift but she knew that she needed to see cal. Layla spotted Cal sitting in the staffroom. He had his back to her, she sighed to herself and walked in. He had the baby, which he hadn't named asleep in a car seat. Layla took a seat opposite him. Cal looked at her and smiled "hey where have you been?" He asked as she sighed "I was freaking out, I'm sorry I know that you needed me, but I didn’t know how to deal with it" Layla said as Cal placed a hand on top of hers and smiled "this isn't your problem Layla, it's okay to freak out" he said as Layla smiled to him "I know but you’re my boyfriend and I should be there for you, besides I've been freaking out over other stuff" Layla said as Cal looked to her and frowned "oh?" "when Taylor turned up, I took a pregnancy test, I'm not, I was going to tell you but a lot happened" Layla said as Cal smiled. He grabbed her hand and pulled him to her and smiled "I love you more than anything and I promise everything will be okay" Cal said as he pulled Layla to him so that she was straddling him. She smiled to him and placed a hand on his cheek and smiled and nodded hoping he was right.

***

Later that night, Layla walked into Cals and smiled as she spotted him cooking "I made some dinner, you hungry?" He asked as she smiled "yeah" she said as she watched him pick up the baby "I have a name for her, matilda" he said as he smiled down to her "like your mum?" She asked and he nodded. Layla could see how happy he was to have matilda "Cal, you are going to take the DNA test, right?" She asked as he sighed and nodded "yeah, I know she's mine I just need to prove it" he said as Layla frowned. She knew that there was a possibility Cal wasn’t the father and didn't want to see him hurt.