13

Layla sighed to herself as she ran her hands through her hair as she sat in the bathroom as she finished throwing up. Morning Dickens's was starting to hit her hard and Layla knew that she needed to tell cal the truth. She knew that he had a lot on but she also knew that he had a right to know that he had got her pregnant. Layla placed a hand stomach and sighed as she walked back into her bedroom. She looked through the drawers in her room and froze as she found the necklace that cal had gotten her ages ago and smiled to it as she slipped it around her neck and smiled as cal woke up and looked to her "my necklace?" He asked as she turned and faced him as she walked over and sat on the bed in front of him "I took it off a while back and forgot to put it back on, how are you?" Layla asked knowing how much he was struggling with everything.

Cal placed a hand on top of hers and smiled "I want to find out who she is, my real mum. I want to know who I am" he said as she walked over to him and smiled as she placed a hand on his cheek and smiled "you are Caleb knight and I love you and this isn't going to change who you are because I love you so much" she said as she leant in and kissed him. He kissed her back and smiled as she pulled away. Cal looked to Layla and frowned "I know I haven't been there for you lately with everything even with Matilda, but are you okay, you don't seem yourself" cal said as Layla looked to him and smiled "I'm fine, I'm just tired" Layla said as he looked to her and nodded.

***

Later that morning, Layla got to work and stood in the staffroom and sighed to herself as Lola walked In and looked to her and smiled "have you told cal yet?" She asked as Layla looked to her and sighed "I can't, he has a lot going on" Layla said as Lola looked to her and smiled "so have you. He has a right to now Layla and the longer you leave it, the harder it's going to be. He needs to know your pregnant and he's going to be a father" Lola said as Layla nodded and sighed to herself.

Later that day, Layla sat in he staffroom upset just as cal walked in. He frowned as he looked to her and walked over and sat next to her as he wrapped an arm around her and held her close "are you okay?" He asked as she shock her head "no" she said as he looked to her and wiped the tears away from her eyes "what happened?" He asked as she sighed and looked to him "I'm pregnant and I didn't tell you as I was scared and I knew you were going through a lot. I'm scared" she said as he pulled her close and kissed the top of her head and smiled "it's okay, I've got you. I promise" cal said as she looked to him with tears in her eyes and smiled slightly hoping she could feel something that utterly and completely terrified.