14

Layla groaned as she woke up. She looked to see cal as he lay asleep. She ran a hand through her hair and sighed as she checked her phone. She looked to see a text off of Lola and sighed a reply. She felt tired and drained. She took a sip of her water and sighed as she felt nauseous. She stood from the bed and rushed to the bathroom as she started to throw up. She groaned to herself as she sat over the toilet as cal walked in. He looked to her and smiled as he rubbed her back and smiled "are you okay" he asked as she nodded "I'm sorry" he said as she looked to him and chuckled "don't, I'm as responsible for this as you. But it will be okay" she said as she sat back against the bath. Cal looked to her and smiled as he sat with her. He took a hold of her hand and smiled.

"It's going to be okay" Layla said as he looked to her and smiled "of course it is, your going to be a great mum" he said as she looked to him and smiled as she squeezed his hand. She knew that she was terrified and she needed him, she needed him to be there for her "I really love you" she said as she leant in and kissed him. He placed a hand on her cheek and kissed her back briefly before he pulled away and smiled "I love you too" he said as he pulled her away as he wrapped an arm around her and pulled her close as she buried her head into his chest. Layla felt scared and terrified but she was grateful that cal was by her side in everything, she knew that deep down that she couldn't do it without him even if he was unsure over being a father.

***

Later that day, Layla got to work and frowned as she saw everyone running around. She walked into the staffroom and sighed "did you hear about Lola" Charlie said as Layla looked to him and frowned "what do you mean?" She asked as he looked to her "she's okay now but she tried to kill herself" Charlie said as Layla walked off. She knew Lola struggled since loosing Jeff and she felt like a terrible friend for not seeing how badly Lola was struggling. Cal walked into the room"hey" he said as she smiled "Lola tried to kill herself" she said as he shrugged "so it's not our problem" he said as she looked to him and  frowned as she realised he was off "she's my best friend and your an arse" she spat as he rolled his eyes "I don't care" he said as she slapped him and walked off.

***

Later that day, Layla walked into Lola's hospital room and smiled "how are you?" She asked as Lola smiled "I'm okay, Iain went for food, you okay?" Lola asked as Layla sat next to her and sighed "I don't know, can has been off lately and he has been acting like a jerk and I don't know what to do" she said as she rubbed her stomach and sighed "it's going to be okay, he's just being moody" Lola said as Layla looked to her and smiled. Little did she knew that cal was in fact cheating on her.