11

Layla got to work on the cold winter day. She walked through the car park and frowned as she saw an ambulance down as it had crashed on the ice. She saw Iain who was pacing and running his hands through his hair. She looked to him and smiled "are you okay?" Layla asked as he looked to her and sighed "I don't get what happened, I was so careful and I just don't get it" he said as Layla looked to him and smiled "hey, it's okay. It's not your fault" she said as he looked to her and smiled "have you seen Lola?" Iain asked as he looked around for his girlfriend. Layla looked to him and smiled "I'm sure she's around here somewhere, if I see her I'll tell her that your looking for her, Iain this isn't your fault, sometimes things like this just happen" she said as he looked to her and smiled.

Layla walked into the staffroom and frowned as she saw Lola who was sitting on the floor and struggling to breathe "hey, it's okay" Layla said as she saw down next to her best formed as she rubbed her back. She knew that Lola was having a panic attack. Once Lola had caught her breathe again, she looked to Layla and smiled "thanks, all that I could think about was my dad and the crash he was caught up in" Lola said as Layla looked to her and smiled "I know but it's okay, I know that it doesn't seem it but it is, Iain is blaming himself and he needs you, you need each other" Layla said as Lola looked to her and smiled.

***

Later that day, Layla walked into the staffroom and frowned as she saw cal. He was sitting starring into space. She looked to him and smiled as she walked over to him "hey" she said as he looked to her and sighed "look, I know that your struggling with loosing Matilda and I know it's hard but I'm here for you, and I promise you that I am not going anywhere" she said as he looked to her and smiled. She went to walk off as he grabbed her arm and pulled her close "thank you, for it running for the hills" he said as she looked to him and smiled "I'd never do that" she said as he looked to her and smiled.

Later that day, Layla stood at reception and looked to cal. She saw he was distant and wasn't himself and knew it was all to do with Matilda and finding out his mum wasn't actually his mum and the fact he hadn't told Ethan "is he okay?" Ethan asked Layla. Layla looked to Ethan and smiled "he will be, he's just struggling at the moment" Layla said "we all are, we loved Matilda" Ethan said as Layla looked to him and smiled "he really did love her and now he feels a part of him is missing due to the fact she's gone. He really thought he was a dad and it's upset him" Layla said as Ethan looked to Layla and smiled "there's always a chance he can we that you both can be " Ethan said "I don't think we're ready for that" Layla said.

***

Later that day, Layla walked into the staffroom and smiled as she saw cal "I want to find out the truth" he said as she looked to him and frowned "truth?" "About my mum, Ethan will have questions and I want to answer them. I need to find my mum" he said as she looked to him and smiled "not alone, I'm here with you every step of the way" Lakeland said as he looked to her and smiled.