10

Layla sighed to herself as she woke up in the early hours of the morning. She sat up and looked to see that it was 3am. She sat up and rubbed her eyes. She got out of bed and walked to the doorway of her flat where she spotted Cal who lay passed out on the grass. She ran a hand through her hair and walked out as she poked him “Cal, wake up” she said as he looked to her and groaned “wake up, god damn it” she said as he slurred at her drunk, she looked to him and sighed as she grabbed his arms and pulled him to his feet. He leant on her drunkenly as she led him into the flat and pushed him onto the sofa. She lay a blanket over him as he lay flat out snoring. She looked to him and sighed. She knew that he was struggling with loosing matilda. She placed a hand on his cheek and smiled “i can't keep doing this Cal” she said as he grunted in his sleep before she stood up and walked away.

Cal woke up the next morning. He rubbed his tender head as he felt his hangover hit him. He looked to see Layla who placed a coffee next to him. She looked to him as he sighed to himself, he knew that she was pissed at him “hurry up and get a shower you stink. I'm leaving in half an hour” Layla said as he sighed “I'm sorry” he called as she turned to face and rolled her eyes “so, you should be. I love you Cal, but this is getting out of control. I can't do it; your partying was why we split last time” she spat as she stormed off.

***

Layla sat in the staffroom as she got to work. Cal stood at his locker and looked to Layla and sighed. He knew that she was mad and it would do no good trying to talk to her when she was in a mood as Lola walked in. Lola frowned as she looked to the two of them. Cal sighed ad walked out as he saw just how his girlfriend was ignoring him as Lola walked over and took a seat next to Layla and smiled to her “are you two okay?” she asked as Layla sighed “no, not really” she said as she stood up and ran her hands through her hair “he's pushing me away, he learned he was adopted after this whole matilda thing, he doesn’t know he is and he's drinking all of the time, I don’t know what to do” Layla said as Lola looked to her and smiled “you and Cal are great together, you just hit a brick wall, you will work it out” Lola said.

***

Later that day. Layla walked upstairs and sighed as she stood outside of the hospital room that matilda was still in. She saw Cal who was sitting next to her “you are going to go to an amazing family that will look after you, I promise, I'm sorry I can't be your dad, I'm just not ready” he said before he turned around and looked to Layla and sighed “I'm not in the mood to fight” he said as she looked to him and smiled “neither am I, we can pause it for now, but we do need to talk about it” Layla said as he nodded. He walked over to her as she wrapped her arms around his neck and hugged him “i love you” Cal said as Layla smiled to herself “i love you too” she said as she placed a hand on his cheek and smiled “me and you have been to hell and back cal, we will get through this, I promise” Layla said as he nodded and pulled her close and kissed her