37

Layla and Cal had named their little girl Sophie. She was perfect to them. Layla couldn't believe she had made something so perfect. She never thought she would be a mum.

They had taken Sophie home. And while they were both worried, it had worked out just fine. They found it hard when Sophie didn't sleep. But they had adjusted well go it.

Layla knew she missed going to work but she enjoyed spending time with her little girl more. She was unsure on when she wanted to return.

She was enjoying it being her little family. It was all she had ever wanted. Cal had been amazing. He had really stepped up to help with Sophie.

And while their relationship hadn't always been easy, she was glad it was working out now. She didn't want to lose him. Or the little family they had worked hard on.

All she knew was that her life had finally began to work out. And she was going to do whatever she could to keep it that way.

Morning came and Layla woke to see Cal lying in bed with Sophie. Cal looked to her. "Morning."

"Hey. Your first day back at work. How you feeling about it?" She asked as she kissed him.

Cal sighed. "I don't really want to leave you alone. But I know that I have to earn money for us," he said.

Layla smiled. She kissed him again. "Listen babe. We're going to be okay. Soph and I will stay here and watch crap on the tv all day. Trust me," she told him.

"I just don't like the idea of you being here on your own in case something happens," cal said.

"Babe. I'm a doctor too. I know what to do. And Lola is coming over this morning anyways. So I won't be on my own," Layla told him.

Cal nodded. But he wasn't convinced. He was worried about leaving Layla and Sophie.

***
Cal had reluctantly gone to work. Layla was sitting with Sophie when the door opened. She saw Lola and smiled. "I gather Cal gave you the keys?" She asked.

Lola nodded. "He did. Figured I'd come and spend time with you. I'm on leave cause I have a hostile womb."

"Oh. Okay. How do you feel about that?"

"I'm okay. I'm not ready for a baby. So Iain and I are just taking it one step at a time," Lola said. She smiled. "Gimmie cuddles with cutie."

Layla smiled as she handed Sophie to her best friend.

***
Cal yawned as he took a sip of coffee. He looked to see Iain who smiled. "Hey. Welcome back daddy. How's it going?" He asked.

"Oh mate. Sophie is amazing. I love being her dad. She's such a good baby," cal said.

"Is that what you named her? Sophie?"

Cal nodded and smiled. "Yeah. You need to have one. They change your life," he told his friend.

Iain launched. "Lola has issues with getting pregnant. So it's gonna be hard. She's okay. I'm okay."

***
Cal returned home a few hours later. He saw Layla asleep with Sophie. He smiled as he took a photo. Everything seemed perfect for him.

But would this perfection last?