6.

,,I know, that you and Stefan flew to Katherine like two dogs, but I'm not a lesbian. Yet." I said with a smirk.
,,That's long behind me. You know that."
,,You don't look like that." I said with raised eyebrows.
,,Adriana don't tease me. You know what I'm capable of when I'm angry." he said with a sort of threatening yet mocking undertone.
,,And you know what I'm capable of when I'm worried about you. I don't want you to hang out with that girl. Or somehow got in Stefan's way. I'll sort it out with him and you don't have to worry about it." I said with clear emphasis that this is my last word.
,,Or what?" he said and leaned towards me.
,,Damon stop it. I said no. You know how it went with Katherine and I don't want it to happen again. What if Elena is actually Katherine? They look exactly the same and..."
,,Stefan's already here.” Damon said before the door opened.
,,Adriana!" Stefan shouted as he walked in the door. He spotted Damon and measured up.
,,What is he doing here?" he said and walked towards us.
,,Hi bro. Good to see you.” Damon said with his usual smirk.
,,I don't remember you being invited to this house, Damon.” Stefan said with a threatening tone.
,,Stop it. Both. Stefan, what does that mean? Are you crazy?" I spoke and turned towards him.
,,It's not what it seems. Elena is not Katherine.".

I laughed nervously and grabbed my forehead.
,,I don't know what to say Stefan. I saw her! I'm not blind or stupid!" I screamed and he froze. I was not in the habit of shouting.
,,It's not what it seems. I'll explain it to you. Please, you just have to listen to me." he pleaded.
,,Fine." I snorted and sat down on the couch.
,,Well?".

,,When we arrived in Mystic Falls, I had no idea about Elena. I only met her the day her parents crashed off Wickery Bridge. Both died. Only Elena survived and that's because I saved her. Her father wanted it. I wanted to go back for them, but it was too late. I noticed a resemblance between her and Katherine, but I thought they were just similar. I couldn't see much in the dark..."
,,Okay, to the point. How do you know she's not Katherine?" I interrupted him.
,,This is it. When I came to school on the first day, I saw her there. They were exactly the same. I was seized with a desire to know her. And when I got to know her, I found that she was nothing like Katherine. She is almost too good and above all human.
,,How do you know she's not faking it?” Damon cut in.
,,I'm not crazy brother. I know you both think the opposite, but I know her. I am in love." Damon laughed and I guess I understood it all. Stefan had the right to find true love. Elena stood up for me and didn't even know me. She really is a good person.
,,I believe you, Stefan. You have a right to be happy." smile appeared on Stefan's face.
,,Do you really believe me?" he asked excitedly.
,,I do." I smiled and Stefan hugged me. After almost two hundred long years.

I heard laughter during our hug. Damon's laugh.
,,You're not serious Adriana, do you believe him?" he laughed.
,,Adriana don't listen to him. He wants to upset us like always." I looked around at each of the brothers and I didn't understand.
,,Huh? And don't you remember who used and manipulated us then? Who forced BOTH of us to transform?" Damon asked angrily. Stefan remained ashamed of his past and his actions in the past.
,,That's over Damon. Don't bring it up, okay?" I asked calmly, so as not to upset him. But it still happened.
,,But go somewhere too. You are also partly to blame. Who did Katherine die for?” Damon shouted.
,,You overdid it.” Stefan said calmly and punched Damon in the face.
,,No!" I shouted and stood between the two angry brothers. I looked into Stefan's eyes and Damon stood up. He wanted to return the blow to Stefan, but I turned on him and held him back.
,,No Damon. You can't do this. Not one of you. Please don't do it." I didn't want them to fight or kill each other. I knew they would be able to do it. Damon's eyes flashed with anger. He looked at Stefan and snorted. He disappeared with vampire speed. I sighed and turned to Stefan. He looked with a desperate look. I shook my head and went upstairs to my room. Stefan just stood there.

Damon's words made me feel bad. He knew damn well, that I was only protecting them. I didn't want anything more. Just to keep them safe.

I entered the room and lay down on the bed. I felt desperate. I was more distant with Damon than I ever thought.

The next morning I went out for a run at dawn. I didn't do it often, only when I needed to switch off and organize my thoughts. I ran past the school, past the Mystic Grill, on the Wickery Bridge and back again.
I arrived home around seven o'clock. From the garden, I saw someone standing in front of our door. It was Elena. That long, brown hair and leather jacket with a black bell-bottom jeans.

I hid so she wouldn't see me.
She is not a vampire, but you know what, people are not completely stupid.
She knocked on the door but no one answered. She waited, but nothing. She carefully opened the door. They creaked like an old castle gate.
She walked in worriedly, calling Stefan's name.

I crawled to the door to look inside. I heard a small crack. With vampire speed and strength, I knocked this person to the ground. Damon.
,,Damn Damon. What do you want here?"  I hissed and he gently pushed me off.
,,Calm down. I'm not here for you." he said and grinned and was gone. Like a dragonfly. You see it but suddenly it disappears. You only hear a buzzing sound.