9.

Stefan took me home. I didn't want to go. I was really shocked. Stefan and Elena were with me all night. Lexi was my best friend. How could he? He knew it. After all, he was the one who brought her to me. I started crying again. I didn't feel like I was going to sleep tonight.

I opened my eyes in the morning and was sitting in a chair. As I remembered yesterday, I wanted to cry again. I was so angry. If Damon ever shows up in front of me again, I'll probably kill him.

I got up and I was really weak. I don't know, what it was. Stefan ran to me with vampire speed and caught me. He had a bag of blood in his hands. I couldn't even think about blood. It's like putting food in front of an anorexic.
,,I don't want it." I said.
,,You have to eat. Otherwise you will be weak. Here." he put it in my hands.
,,How can I think of blood now, Stefan?! He killed her as if it meant nothing to him! He's just a killer!" I yelled at him, even though I knew, he didn't deserve it. It was an equal loss for him.
,,You think I don't know that? But it's Damon. He's always been that way."
,,Don't say this. He wasn't. And you know what you were like." he sighed and looked at the ground. I shouldn't have said that.
,,Sorry Stefan, I didn't mean it that way." I said and he interrupted me.
,,No no. You are right. I was worse than him and maybe I still am."
,,You are not. Stefan, Don't say you're the worst again." I said and grabbed his shoulder.
,,It's all Damon's fault now. He killed her as if it meant nothing to him. I always tried to protect him, both of you. But you let me down, both of you. Stefan, you could have prevented this! You were there all the time! You had to see Damon!" I said and he suddenly got angry.
,,Really? Adriana, she was also my friend! Just like yours." he said and I sighed.
,,You are right. This is not what Lexi would want us to argue about." I said and he nodded.

The day after and the day after that nothing changed. I was still in the house and Stefan went to school. I couldn't go to that place. It was hell for me.

I made a decision that day. I decided to leave Mystic Falls. Nothing keeps me here anymore. Stefan needs to start his life alone and he has to let me go as a little sister. Even though I was always the one who looked out for them.
But I wanted to travel the world. I couldn't keep up behind their ass. I wanted to visit Paris, Rome, Barcelona... Places that experienced something. It has always been my dream to travel and now I want to make it come true. Even if alone, but even that is better than nothing. In the afternoon, I quickly packed and when Stefan arrived, I said goodbye to him and ran to the plane. Stefan offered to drive me, but I called a taxi. I told him to say goodbye from me to Elena and he promised to do it.

Stefan:
I knew she needed to shut down so I didn't say anything to her. She has no one and I guess she will find someone on those trips. Even if not, it will still be better there, than here with us. With me and Damon. I knew we were destroying her and so I let her go there.

After two months:
I was currently in Rome. Previously in Paris for two weeks and then in Barcelona.
Rome is an Italian city, and I always had to remember Mussolini. I remember the word around the world was that he was going to give people anything they wanted. Well, it was terrible. But now we're in the 21st century, so that's a thing of the past for the people of Rome.
I didn't understand politics very well, so I didn't care about it then.
I was sitting in a restaurant and eating lunch. I tried to avoid human blood. I haven't had one in about two weeks. I went on the "Stefan diet" as Damon used to say.
As I was putting a bite in my mouth, I heard the phone ring. I took it out of my purse and looked to see who was calling me.
The name Damon flashed on the display.
My goodness. I had to remember again. I didn't want to pick it up. After almost three months, I remembered him. I was happy during those two months abroad.
I decided not to pick it up.
The phone rang for quite a while, but then it stopped. I wanted to eat again, but I lost my appetite.
I threw away the cutlery and leaned back.
The phone rang again.
The phone was placed on the table on his back, so I could see the display very well.
It was Stefan.
Okay, one brother wasn't enough? Stefan called me almost every day, but would they call right after each other? After a while I picked up.
,,Stefan, you won't believe me, but Damon called me a while ago."
,,I know, I told him to calls you."
,,Why?" I didn't think so.
,,I knew you wouldn't pick up. I'm not surprised."
,,Stefan, what happened?" I knew something was wrong here.
,,Oh… Nothing.” He stammered.
,,I know this stammer of yours. Stefan, dump it, otherwise I take the first flight and fly to Virginia." I said a little threateningly.
,,I can't. It would endanger you. Please don't just come here. At first I thought I'd tell you, but it's not a good idea. You have to trust me."
,,Okay," I said, but I had other interests.
,,I won't go. Take care." I said and hung up. I picked up my purse and walked away from the restaurant.