28. THE END AND THANK YOU.

Arrival in New Orleans was peaceful. Elijah was glad we were finally here. There was also Rebekah, who wasn't too keen at first. But after a while she got used to it.

In a few months I got used to it completely. It was fine here and Klaus was behaving... In a good way. I found it suspicious that he wanted to take me out to dinner tonight after a long time. But he finally found the time. He had a lot of responsibilities and only came home to sleep, which must have been tiring.

When we got there, it was the restaurant I had been to for the first time. There was prosecco on the table and strawberries in the glass.
He pushed back my chair and took off my coat. I smiled and sat down. I was wearing a beige dress with long sleeves and as an accessory I had a similarly beige handbag. My neck was enriched with pearls.
,,You probably want to tell me something extraordinary. We don't go out to dinners often. And not to such luxurious restaurants," I said and he laughed and sat down.
,,You'll see after dinner darling." he said and I didn't ask any more questions.

We ordered food, which was on the table in no time, and I got down to it. It tasted excellent.
I had no doubts about Klaus' choice of restaurant.

After the meal we had a small dessert and I washed it down with a good gulp of prosecco.
,,I'm full. I hope my dress doesn't come undone." I said and we both laughed.
,,Oh please. You are slim and beautiful." he said and I giggled.
We stared at each other for a while and then Klaus stood up out of nowhere and got everyone's attention.
,,I ask everyone to listen. Well." he said and the waiter brought him a microphone. What is the fool doing again.
,,I moved back to my hometown months ago because of... Outstanding accounts. I knew who I was going to and why. I had no ulterior motives. Something just crossed my path." he said and looked at me.
,,It was Adriana. Look at her. From the first moment I saw her, I knew that I would never forget her face.
She was the sister of those I went to see. Actually... I didn't think I'd like her enough to propose her here." I rolled my eyes and almost fainted.
,,So this is what I'm asking you, Adriana Salvatore, will you marry me and stand by my side?" he said kneeling down with an open suede box. Inside was... A beautiful ring with a huge diamond.
I looked around and everyone was waiting for my answer.
,,I..." I hoped I wouldn't panic and run away.
,,Yes?" I said and everyone started clapping. Klaus stood up and so did I. He grabbed my cheeks and kissed me.
Everyone clapped and I thought this was a dream. That now I'll wake up in our old house in Mystic Falls, with Damon and Stefan in the room, and they'll laugh at me when I tell them my dream that I basically fell in love with a villain.
But that didn't happen. I pulled away from Klaus and he was still standing there and I didn't wake up in my old room in 1860. As a human, as a little girl dreaming of vampires, werewolves and hybrids.
This is a fact. We are not in a fairy tale and this is our real, supernatural world. With vampires, witches, werewolves and hybrids. It's all a fact. And it's all real.

Maybe you were expecting a better ending, but I hope this one didn't disappoint you either. For those of you who have read this far, I am very glad that you made it through with my story to the end.
Adriana also deserved her happy ending with a man she thought was too bad for her and the people around her thought the same. Family - Stefan and Damon. Friends - Elena. Maybe Adriana's best friend Lexi would think so if she were here now. Or she would be the only one to support her and believe that even a person like Klaus Mikaelson is capable of change for the better. Maybe not. But we won't know.
I won't do any more speculation here and just say goodbye. I hope to see you for more stories and I wish you all the best in the new year and that you do well at school or work idk!
Bye!

🎉 You've finished reading 𝒃𝒆𝒕𝒘𝒆𝒆𝒏 𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒎 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒉𝒊𝒎. 𝗘𝗡𝗚𝗟𝗜𝗦𝗛! 🎉