|| 4 ||

Juno's pov:

"This is me." Eliot stopped walking, looking at Juno's arm that he had hold onto all the way. Magic still flowing in the air and somehow the world was mush more colorful than it used to be. Juno didn't mind tho, a colorful world was awfully nice. And something he didn't get to see and enjoy that much of in general.

With homework, the student body and their choirs. For not to talk about all that was going on at home; he was always busy with something. Seen from Juno's eyes, the world was one big knot. And knots needed to be unraveled. They could under no circumstance or be left untied or abandoned, so they could tangle themselves even more together. Yet he knew that nothing could or would be perfect, and maybe that was liveable. But it probably wasn't.

'One would never know, if one never tried'. So he at least had to try and untangle the mess and the knots he lived in and with; even though if was so draining, and so difficult, and so exhausting.

Life was exhausting. However did old people do it?

All these unstoppable thoughts kept filling his mind. They always had. They always did. He wasn't sure he even remembered, not always thinking and worrying this way, ever. It had become normal; to understand how everything works. And now that he had met Eliot, of course he had to understand him too. And he really wanted to; Eliot was honest. He admired that about him.

He was a star among galaxies.

"I can walk you home again another time, Eliot, if you want... -if you don't feel like you can do it alone, I mean."

Eliot looked back at him, the corners of his lips turning up a little. "I, I would like that. Thank you, Juno." He smiled back at Eliot. After a few seconds they took their eyes off each other. And then said their goodbyes and went their separate ways.

Juno was walking back to the school. He still had two more lessons left for the day. After those were over, he could go home. Finally. Oh, he loved being home. As mush as he enjoyed being around others and helping them, it was exhausting. Really exhausting. And a lot had happened today;

He had gotten up later than usual and was nearly late for school. And he didn't have time to stop by the graveyard. He always stayed there a couple of minutes each day before school started. It was oddly, satisfyingly peaceful, it felt like everything was going to be okay. Like the knots would untangle themselves eventually. Like the earth would spin around itself, and the sun for all eternity. Like no matter what had happened and what would come to be, it was gonna be acceptable, maybe even adequate. But with the school council and Eliot fainting, the day had been a lot. But best of all; he had walked Eliot home. With Eliot, everything went slow. There was no stress, no constant pressure to be perfect, no need for anything more, than to be there.

He had been helpful, to Eliot. And Eliot had been helpful to him.

The walk home had felt longer than typically. Though looking back, it felt lessened. Time was peculiar like that.

He opened the the front door.  And said "Hey, dad!" The apartment felt enclosed, entrapped. And had not been aired out for quite some time now. The curtains were open, and the sunlight lit through the grimy unwashed windows. One of the few plants still standing in the windows had died.

Dad was in the living room, reading a newspaper. He was quite fond of reading. "Welcome back." His father looked up at him, smiling. He must have had a good day.

Juno didn't like the bad ones.