|| 21 ||

Juno's pov:

It was a beautiful morning. It had been sunflower days for weeks now. (I don't know if this saying even exists, but I feel like it matches what I'm describing.) Even here in winter, the sun still shone. Being with Eliot, of what felt like all the time, was joyous. He would most likely remember that time as the happiest weeks of his life. He knew that. But he also knew that it would not last. Nothing lasts: you should stop at the top. That's how he knew. He should tell Eliot.

"I'm sorry." He apologised. It was out of nowhere, but he felt it was important to speak of it.

They were sitting under their tree, at school, having just finished their lunch. Might as well get it out now. Juno thought. Letting his happiness end here. He was scared. But he also knew that it was the scary things that mattered.

"For what? You have done nothing wrong?" Eliot looked at him with eyes of wonder. He could almost see the sadness linger in his pupils, there between the forest green iris's on the brunette. Juno knew that he would end up breaking his friend eventually.

"I have," He paused. He didn't wanna tell him, but he had to. He was greedy. He had to take this weight off his shoulders. "I have lied. To you. Elliot."

"And why are you sorry about that? Is the point of lying, not to shelter the one that is lied to?"

He stopped. There was a silence. He looked down on his hands. They were fumbling with each other. He mustered up his courage and looked at Ellie.

"I guess you could see it that way."

He smiled. Eliot smiled. It was painful to watch. Somehow. "I do. I do see it that way. So what have you sheltered me from?"

Oh, how could he be that perfect! How could Juno possibly not like him?

The truth. The shadows. All that I haven't told you.

"Myself... I don't often... feel well. I have a part witch I don't like to bring up. Witch is why you have never heard it. I'm sorry. I'm sorry to say that you will never know everything, but I would like to tell you some, Ellie. Would you wanna hear it?"

"Do you want to tell it? That's the important part. Juno, I will always be here to listen. Do you want to tell me?"

Juno looked out on the grass. It was a little windy, nothing to bad tho. He didn't feel all that cold anymore.

"No. No, I don't think I do."

Eliot nodded. Juno skimmed a slight smile at the corner of his eye, at Ellie. Everything was okay. He could tell him when he was ready. But he should probably tell Eliot about his feelings before his past. Yeah, that was probably for the best.

(Gradually revealing our Juno's bagstory.. I hope you enjoyed this chapter, even tho it may have been quite confusing. I'm sorry I haven't posted in a while. I don't really have an excuse. I just haven't felt like it, I guess. I hope to be better at this.
I have exams conking up, so wish me luck. I need it. I definitely do T-T
I hope you all have a wonderful day, and happy Easter!)