Chapter 15

Landon and I sprang out of bed. I ran out the door and stopped at the top of the stairs. Olivia was walking in a circle, looking at every inch of the mansion we lived in.

" Nevada, you live here. Why did you keep this place a secret? " Olivia asked in amazement.

" Because Olivia. People can't really know that this place exists. Or the people that live in it," I responded still in shock.

" What's wrong with your eyes?" she asked, confused.

If I got close enough, I could hear her heartbeat. The veins under my eyes started showing because of it. I quickly turned around and took a deep breath. Once I calmed myself down, I turned and faced her.

" Nothing is wrong with them. How did you find me?" I asked her with concern for our safety.

" I have been following your car for weeks. I started to get worried about you. It kinda starts to freak me out when I see my best friend at school one day after not being there for weeks and then disappearing again," she started reaching for my hand.

" So we're best friends again. I thought you wanted nothing to do with me."

" I did at first and then I realized that I need my best friend. I am nothing without you Nevada."

I went in for a hug while I fought back my urges. I soon realized that her embrace soothed me and my mind realized that she wasn't food, she was a friend. My best friend.

" Why don't you ladies go upstairs and talk," Landon said as he squeezed my shoulder.

" Okay. Sounds like fun. It's about time she gave me a tour of this kick ass place."

Landon chuckled as those words came out of her mouth. I grabbed her hand and guided her upstairs.

" This is a huge security risk Landon and you know that," Connor said to Landon, unsure of Olivia.

" It will be fine. Just as long as Nevada doesn't kill her we should be fine," Landon said to Connor reassuringly.

I continued walking Olivia to my now old bedroom.

" I just can't believe that you live here. This place is sick. Have you been living here the entire time?" she asked, very bouncy.

" Yeah, pretty much. If you think this place is cool. just wait until you see my bedroom. Well my old bedroom," I told Olivia, making her more excited.

We continued walking towards my old bedroom. She was getting giddy: jumping up and down, squealing quietly, the works. Once we finally got to my room, I stopped right in front of the door. I put my hand on the door knob and Olivia started getting giggly. I turned the handle and slowly opened the door. Olivia just stood there silently.

" This is your room," she stood there for a second and continued with, " This is the coolest fucking room ever. You have everything a girl can dream of. A canopy sleigh bed, your own bathroom, and AHHH, a walk-in closet."

" Yeah, it's great. Why don't we sit on the bed? I have to talk to you about something serious," I told her, guiding to the bed.

We sat on the bed and she fell back into the pillows. I told her everything and when I mean everything, I mean everything. I told her why I wasn't going to school, why I disappeared, why people thought I was dead, everything.

" So you're a vampire," she looked at me like I was crazy.

" Yes, I am. Let me show you."

I walked over to my desk and grabbed one of my safety pins. I had her hold out her hand and prick her finger. The veins under my eyes started showing and my eye started to turn a red color.

" Don't be afraid of me please."

" Why would I be afraid of you? You haven't scared me before. Why would this change that?"

" Because I am capable of killing someone and that scares me. I am afraid of myself, let alone afraid of hurting you."

" Oh sweetie, you're not gonna hurt me. Do you wanna know how I know that? I know that because you're my best friend and you would never hurt me."

I felt her sense of reassurance and relief. I felt like this was where I belonged. She wasn't scared or nervous. All she wanted to do was help me through this.

" So now that the nitty gritty is out of the way, are you and Landon a thing?"

" Yeah, I guess. We just started hooking up literally right before you came over."

" Shut up. No way."

" Yeah, I am actually going to start moving into his room tomorrow. I mean I basically already live in his room. I have been sleeping in his bed for a couple of weeks now but he didn't sleep in the bed with me though. He was being respectful."

" The real question is do you actually love him?"

" Yeah, I do. When we kissed," I paused for a moment, " I felt my whole world colliding with his and I could feel everything."

" AWWWW, NEVADA," she squealed, " I am so proud of you. I hate to cut this short but I have to go to work."

" You can't tell this to anyone Olivia. If people ask, just say that I moved to Arizona to stay with family. Okay."

" You got it. Our little secret."

We rolled off the bed and hugged it out. I walked her outside to her car and watched her leave.

" What did you tell her Nevada?" Connor asked me with an intense look on his face.

" I told her what she deserved to hear. She's not going to tell anyone anything. She is my best friend and she wouldn't hurt her bestie," I told the boys reassuringly.

" I am glad you got your best friend Nevada," Landon said with secureness in his voice.

" Thank you Landon."

Landon nodded his head while Connor walked off in disbelief of what just happened. Landon and I went upstairs to get our closets resituated. I brought in my clothes and shoes to his closet while he took some of his stuff to my closet to fill in the empty space. I brought stuff from my bathroom into his and drew a hot bubble bath. Landon had walked in on me.

"Oh, I'm sorry Nevada. I didn't realize you were here. Let me-"

" No, stay. Come join me," I told him flirtatiously.

" Are you sure? I don't want to move too fast and feel like we're rushing into things."

" If you don't want to join me in the bath that's fine. It was just a suggestion," I responded cheerfully.

Landon walked over to the bathtub and sat on the stool next to it.

" One step at a time, love. One step at a time," Landon said as he caressed my arm.