Chapter 19

" How did you find me?" I asked him in a confused manner.

" I could smell you. You and I have the same scent," he replied in a joking tone.

" How are we going to get out of-"

" Shhh. Don't speak. Let us help you. I do all the thinking and planning while you listen for anyone coming. Okay?"

I shook my head yes and he continued what he was doing. He started to bend the metal around my wrist towards the walls.

" Vince, we gotta go!" a lady angrily whispered.

" Don't rush me Ivy. I almost got it."

" Well get it faster!"

" Just ignore her. She is not used to doing these types of rescue missions."

Vince finally got me out of the cuffs and got me up and moving around.

" Follow us. We know the way out of this place," Ivy said as we ran down the hall.

There was a back entrance where they had come in from. It was covered in vines and poison ivy.

" How are we going to get past?"

Before I could say another word, all of the vines and poison ivy started to disappear.

" Now, I see why they call you Ivy."

" I know, pretty sick, right," Ivy responded in a magnanimous manner.

We ran through the forest until we came upon a safe house about 15 miles north of the council. It was a beautiful cottage. The stone-work was absolutely stunning. It was a cottagecore girl's dream.

" You live here?" I asked, stunned from the beauty.

" Yeah, we have a surprise for you," Vince said as a tall figure appeared behind him, actually two figures. They were ones I recognised all too well.

" Conner! Landon!" I exclaimed, running towards them.

The boys picked me up and held me tight.

" I knew something was wrong when I dropped you off with Layla but I was a little too late to come and save you," Landon said, mad with himself.

" It's alright baby. All that matters is that you are here now. Both of you are here," I responded with a grin going from ear to ear.

" Do you really think we would leave you high and dry like that sis. No way," Connor exclaimed as he went in for another hug.

" Guys! Guys!" Ivy shouted, " I love the family reunion but we really have to get her somewhere safe before the council comes after her and that baby."

Connor and Landon look at each other with confusion and then back at me.

" Baby? You're pregnant?" said the boys at the same time.

" Exactly our reaction and theirs which is why we gotta go like now. Or at least inside and out of sight of their seekers," Ivy exclaimed as she shoved me inside the cottage.

While the boys came up with a gameplan, Ivy showed me to the bathroom so that I could get cleaned up. I was covered in blood, dirt, sweat, and I honestly felt disgusting.

" Thank you, Ivy."

" No problem. We're family now and we protect family."

Ivy then gave me a hug and walked out of the bathroom. I stood there for a minute and just admired the beautiful architecture in this room. Beautiful. I walked towards the glass shower and turned on the rain shower faucet. The warm water washed all my worries away except one. The miracle baby. I just kept asking myself how this was possible. I got lost in all the possibilities that could have occurred. Eventually I didn't hear the water anymore, I just heard my own thoughts and someone else's. How could she be pregnant? Landon's dead. She's dead. This can't be possible. Maybe Ivy is toying with us. When she comes out of the shower, I just need to listen. I need to see if it's true. I can't let Landon go through that if it's false. He has lost too much already and I can't let him lose this too. Connor?

I get out of the shower and put on the clothes Ivy left for me on the chair. Nice and comfy sweats. I walk out of the bathroom and towards the group in the study. Connor stared at me for a minute and then quickly got resituated back into the conversation.

" Sweetie, please sit down," Ivy guided me to the couch in the study and sat next to me. She comforted me and started rubbing my shoulders knowing I didn't feel well and haven't fed in days.

Landon noticed my paleness and got me a blood bag from the fridge. He put it in a glass to make it easier to drink.

He squatted in front of me and handed me the glass of red liquid, " Why don't we go lie down for a little while. You have been through a lot these last few days. Connor, Vince, and Ivy can come up with a plan. Let's go," he said while he held my hands in his and looked me in the eyes. I slowly got up from the couch and started to stand until Landon swooped me off my feet and brought me to Ivy's bedroom. He laid me down ever so gently on the bed then walked over to the other side and lay down next to me. He gently pulled me over to lie in his arms.

" How are you feeling about all of this love? You know with the baby and all?" Landon asked me with a softness to his voice.

" Nervous. Scared. Anxious," I started to cry a little bit with how scared I was becoming.

" Hey hey hey. I'm scared too but when I am with you, all my worries wash away," Landon said, caressing my face and using a tone I have never seen before... calm, " I will not let anything happen to you or this baby as long as I am alive and after that Connor will take my place and then Ivy and so on and so forth. You and this baby have many protectors whether you know it or not."

" I hate to interrupt but how do you know Ivy and Vince?" I asked trying not to be rude.

" She is our older sister and Vince is her mate.," he responded.

" You never told me you had an older sister. Why am I just now hearing about her?"

" We never told you because as of 10 years ago we thought she was dead."

" Dead? What do you mean you thought she was dead?"

" Our dad was abusive. There was just one day he lost his temper and not only took it out on Connor and I but also Ivanka or Ivy as people know her. She saw our dad hitting Connor and I tried to step in but he pushed me out of the way. Ivy saw it and stepped in. She was hit so hard that she fell back and hit her head on the bed. We took her to the doctor but back then doctors could only do so much but they pronounced her dead. We brought her to the church and left her for a moment and for what she told us, she woke up in a coffin with Vince opening it."

" That is awful. I am so sorry for what you guys went through," I gave him a kiss and then slowly fell asleep in his arms.