Chapter 5

Landon started getting rosy red and was jumpy. I have only been living with these guys for a couple of months but I knew their signs of surprising me. They aren't really good at hiding that sort of thing.

" We're home," I had said, confused.

" I know that. Your surprise is inside," he said while trying to not smile.

We got out of the car and he had blindfolded me. Landon grabbed my hand and guided me into the house and up the stairs. I could tell we were going toward my room. As we walked to my room I started getting nervous butterflies in my stomach. The anticipation was building up and I just wanted to rip the blindfold off but I didn't.

" Can I take off the blindfold yet, Landon?"

" No, not yet," we walked a little bit more and stopped, " Okay, now you can."

I took the blindfold off and I was in shock. There was a beautiful long blue gown hanging from the ceiling. Connor was standing next to the dress with a big smile on his face.

" My gift isn't as good as Landon's but here you go," said Connor.

Connor had then handed me three boxes in three different sizes.

" Happy 18th birthday Nevada. You might have forgotten your birthday but we didn't," Landon said with a smile.

" Thank you both. I couldn't have asked for a better birthday. Where am I going to wear this gorgeous dress?" I had asked the boys.

" To your birthday party obviously. This Saturday is going to be your day to shine. Connor and I will take care of the planning so that you don't have to stress about it."

" You guys are too sweet. You didn't have to do this for me."

" Of course we did. You're like our little sister and we would do anything for family," said Connor.

Family, that's funny. It has been a long time since I have heard that word. Anyway, Landon and Connor left the room giving me a hug, a kiss on the cheek and a "Happy Birthday." I had opened the three boxes all from Connor. The first box was large with purple wrapping paper and a white bow. Inside the first box it contained a custom made galaxy IPad Pro with a gorgeous clear case. The second box was a medium sized box with the same paper and bow. Inside that box there was another custom made Galaxy MacBook Pro. And last but not least, the third box was almost jewelry box size with the same paper and bow. Inside that box was a 4 carat diamond ring. It was the most gorgeous ring I have ever seen. This ring looked way too expensive to wear it to school and everyone would think it's an engagement ring.

After I had opened the boxes, Landon had come and told me to put on my dress and heels. I was suspicious but I didn't really think anything of it. I had put on the stunning blue dress and my favorite pair of heels and walked downstairs, with Connor's help of course. At the bottom of the stairs there was a man in a suit and tie.

" Nevada, this is Randy. He will be doing the fittings for your dress," said Landon.

" This is the dashing birthday girl. You are absolutely gorgeous darling," responded the tailor Randy with a smile.

This is honestly the best day ever. I couldn't have asked for better friends than Landon and Connor. If I am being quite honest my 18th birthday never crossed my mind one bit. If it wasn't for Connor and Landon remembering my birthday, it probably would have never happened.